• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Share the road

I get what you are saying and I'm not a cyclist but I have several good friends who are but I am a runner and I've had a few close calls. The laws protect cyclist however and most (not all) but most serious cyclist imo are safer than those on scooters/mopeds. I have mixed feelings about it honestly

I will say however, it not exactly fair to punish or blame the cyclist for the irresponsibility of driver who text and drive. I get what you are saying and I've been running, see a car drifting my way and the driver never saw me because they were on their phone. But they are in the wrong and personally I think something should be done about that, texting and driving is deadly
share-the-road-frodo-doesnt-likes-cyclists-34115782.png

Sam was right in this case. I am Sam. Sam I am. Now I'm going to go cry some.
12965aef92422862a1e9494b772ec7db.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share the road

I get what you are saying and I'm not a cyclist but I have several good friends who are but I am a runner and I've had a few close calls. The laws protect cyclist however and most (not all) but most serious cyclist imo are safer than those on scooters/mopeds. I have mixed feelings about it honestly

I will say however, it not exactly fair to punish or blame the cyclist for the irresponsibility of driver who text and drive. I get what you are saying and I've been running, see a car drifting my way and the driver never saw me because they were on their phone. But they are in the wrong and personally I think something should be done about that, texting and driving is deadly

Agree 1000000%. But not the point. Point is, lot of stupid people driving, just not safe with how distracted drivers are today. Cyclist should be able to share the road. But, I wouldn’t let my kids ride there bike on a busy road is really the point.

Well, we have to look after our own lives, and to ride a bicycle down a roadway with automobiles weighing in at 2000 plus pounds is inherently dangerous. I refuse to do it, why?, because I like living, and no law will make me feel any safer doing it.
That's fair.... but walking on the sidewalk, heck driving your own vehicle for that matter is inherently dangerous then with all the DWI drivers, texters, distracted drivers etc out there. It's almost like letting terrorist control how we live (that's a stretch I know) my point is can't live in a bubble.

Anyway I think we may be talking about 2 different types of cyclist here, to me there are those who ride reckless, wrong side of street, busy highway with no regard for the vehicles around them and then there are the serious cyclist who actually obey all traffic laws while cycling. Or you could just despise all of them Lol...

That's fair.... but walking on the sidewalk, heck driving your own vehicle for that matter is inherently dangerous then with all the DWI drivers, texters, distracted drivers etc out there. It's almost like letting terrorist control how we live (that's a stretch I know) my point is can't live in a bubble.

Anyway I think we may be talking about 2 different types of cyclist here, to me there are those who ride reckless, wrong side of street, busy highway with no regard for the vehicles around them and then there are the serious cyclist who actually obey all traffic laws while cycling. Or you could just despise all of them Lol...

I ride but mine has a motor between my legs. And it’s dangerous as well even on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't despise any of them. I was just stating I wouldn't do it, even if I have the right to. I might venture down my subdivision in mine from time to time, but when cars are near I pull over onto the grass. LOL. Excessive? Maybe....but its up to me to take care of myself, I'm not going to rely on government or laws as many cyclists have been hit or killed regardless of their presence or statutes. And also, like you, I do not appreciate people texting, reading texts, or intoxicated while driving a vehicle, bike, moped, or any method of transportation down the roadways.

Back