• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I hope you are wrong. Getting shutout in Dec and Jan is ridiculous. I am starting to have my doubts about this being an epic cold and snowy winter like most predicted.

Yea I don’t think it will end up being epic. That’s system around the 23rd looks interesting and the flow looks to have systems coming back to back. So I think we will get one or two by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be in jonesboro Ark this weekend, think I'll see some snow?

Frustrating watching NC get hit time after time. Doesn't even feel realistic anymore for Central SC to get anything.

Frustrating watching NC get hit time after time. Doesn't even feel realistic anymore for Central SC to get anything.
Let the pattern get established. You guys should be in the game before too long. Besides, there's no guarantee this won't amp up enough to keep most of NC out of the game.

I feel for you, I really do. SC has one of the worst climates in the entire country IMO. Seems like both NC and GA get more winter weather than SC. Plus you have to deal with brutally hot and humid summers. Best of luck this winter. You deserve a good snow.

I feel for you, I really do. SC has one of the worst climates in the entire country IMO. Seems like both NC and GA get more winter weather than SC. Plus you have to deal with brutally hot and humid summers. Best of luck this winter. You deserve a good snow.
I appreciate that. Columbia imo is the hottest place in the SE during the Summer when it comes to high temps mixed with high dew points. It's just been forever it seems like down here. Feb 12th will mark 5 years since Richland or Lexington County has been under a WSW, which isn't unheard of as there has been similar streaks before, just saying though. Last Winter was brutal with the way we missed in all directions here. Hoping something special pulls together in the coming weeks.

I don't mind. It's better than watching NYC and Boston get hit with multiple big Nor'Easters. Speaking of that, it starting to feel possible some parts of non-mountainous NC could get more snow than the NE/Mid-Atlantic cities this winter.

I don't mind. It's better than watching NYC and Boston get hit with multiple big Nor'Easters. Speaking of that, it starting to feel possible some parts of non-mountainous NC could get more snow than the NE/Mid-Atlantic cities this winter.
It being closer and missing is worse than it missing by 100s of miles in my opinion.

If i lived where Robert does, I would actually rather NYC or Boston get snow than NC. Having the snow that close to you and missing out is very frustrating.

Basketball, getting snow, and the beaches are really the only good things about NC.

What about the mountains?
I've never been to the beaches, but I hear they are good. The mountains are definitely one of the higher points of the state (no pun intended) in my opinion next to the amount of snow they can get. Though I wouldn't go saying GA is any better in terms of the roads both in traffic and planning, which has attributed to how bad the traffic is.

Man, things are really starting to look good for the rest of this month.

All aboard the Snow Express!

tenor.gif

Be careful what you wish for. This might be your train.
giphy.gif
That's how I felt in 2016 and 2017 in Raleigh. We ended up on the wrong side of the snow line several times when areas 30-50 miles north and west had above average snowfall.

This warmth is incredible, historic, epic, whatever you wanna call it. 60 degrees here at 1pm and the average high is around 35 !

Well it's been about 30 days in the middle of meteorological winter since KATL has been below freezing so I wouldn't bank on anything this year.

I already got close to 10 inches with one storm in early December. I'm good.
That is how I feel. I'm not going to stress over exact totals, I'm just going to enjoy the anticipation and will take whatever additional snow I can get. Got about 8" from the early December storm which is above our winter average. Some winters we finish with less than 2 inches! Usually we don't get more than one "big dog" winter storm, but at this point I'm taking every additional winter storm as a bonus.

Back