• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

OMG...how bad would that suck for GSP to CLT to get a foot and Raleigh get's 1". It's like Jan 2011 and Feb 2014 all over again. Atleast in 2004 we got 3-4".

And it looks like RainCold got shafted in 1969 too.
Yep. Can someone please tell me why the APEX of the minimum in the snow line always points right at SE Wake county, when there is a SW-NE gradient? It's always like that.

It's definitely happened with some modest frequency here & there throughout the historical record where we get storms that plaster the SW piedmont/Charlotte and leave others high & dry. You think you're pissed off now? Look at what happened in 1941-42.

These are the only 2 legitimate storms in the entire winter around here and Raleigh got shafted epically. Am I giving u nightmares yet lol.
View attachment 14112

View attachment 14111

That would be so painful if that happens end of February. Would be such great meltdowns in this thread....not even Jon would be able to take it.

Not sure why SREF is being used over the newer & better HREF. Anyway, the HREF I posted just now from 12z seems about right, sadly.

NAM and RGEM agree. That's a strong combo at less than 18 hours. Don't post that in the main thread you'll get yelled at! lol

It's definitely happened with some modest frequency here & there throughout the historical record where we get storms that plaster the SW piedmont/Charlotte and leave others high & dry. You think you're pissed off now? Look at what happened in 1941-42.

These are the only 2 legitimate storms in the entire winter around here and Raleigh got shafted epically. Am I giving u nightmares yet lol.
View attachment 14112

View attachment 14111
Omg, what the heck happen in Cleveland county in the Feb 1942 storm? 0.8 inches to 8 inches in like 30 miles

Yep. Can someone please tell me why the APEX of the minimum in the snow line always points right at SE Wake county, when there is a SW-NE gradient? It's always like that.

Sometimes you & @SD end up virtually near or in the bullseye. I can think of this one, lesser known significant event in the "modern" era.
January 30-31 1981 NC Snowmap.png

Yeah, it's amazing how much better your life would be if you moved next to Brick. Your area seems to be the black hole for snow. I thought maybe it was a 2000's thing but it seems the 60's didn't hold back either.

Omg, what the heck happen in Cleveland county in the Feb 1942 storm? 0.8 inches to 8 inches in like 30 miles

The voluntary observer there in Shelby is sometimes suspect & underreports big dogs but I think the observation was probably somewhat realistic given there's an adjacent report of 1" in Tryon just east of Hendersonville

I hope I’m not wasting my time and money. Lol $65 bucks for a night in Maggie valley and kids staying out of school tomorrow. This will go either really bad or really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hwy441 is closed between Cherokee and Gatlinburg already. Newfound Gap should have no trouble gettinf 6”. That’s where I would want to be

McCullers in southern Wake was in the bullseye in 2 back-to-back events in 1954-55. The 9.5" report in the Jan 18-19th event was the biggest east of the mountains!
January 18-19 1955 NC Snowmap.png

The rare RDU-CLT centric bullseye has happened on just a few occasions in the past one of them being this storm in late January 1955.

January 23-24 1955 NC Snowmap.png

Listen. You are a day late coming into this discussion. I swear the mods on this board have some egos. How dare anyone say anything to a mod in a public forum especially after being treated like an ass by a mod in a public forum. I treat everyone with respect unless I see someone treating others or myself with it respect. Anyway, this is over. Move on.
As Cheec and Chong would say. Mellow, mellow, mellow.

McCullers in southern Wake was in the bullseye in 2 back-to-back events in 1954-55. The 9.5" report in the Jan 18-19th event was the biggest east of the mountains!
View attachment 14120

The rare RDU-CLT centric bullseye has happened on just a few occasions in the past one of them being this storm in late January 1955.

View attachment 14121

The most prolific RDU-CLT bullseye since records began occurred in this bad boy in Feb 1902, again over a century ago lol.

February 15-17 1902 NC Snow map.png

Acceptance is the last stage of grief and the hardest to pass. The writing is on the wall, I’m sure we will have 1 more chance before real spring comes. Enjoy the flurries if you lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back