• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

When the high res and global models all fail us and the SREF is unreliable we just gotta nowcast it, gotta watch for all those patches of blue sky that appear when the air finally becomes cold enough for snow!
Maybe that's what's showing up as blue on the model precip maps...rain turning to blue sky.

It would be nice just once to have cold front snow. We see it modeled 3-4 times a season.

The only kind of meltdown that's more fun to watch is when smug, arrogant mid-Atlantic weenies watch w/ horror as a massive storm is suppressed into oblivion and crushes us in the SE US.

Another reason I love the winter of 1972-73 so much, the shaft the I-95 corridor got that winter was nothing short of comical while everyone here got at least 1 paste bomb! Virtually no snow fell in areas like NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, & DC!

January 8 1973 US Snowcover.png

Feb 9-11 1973 Snowstorm NWS Wilmington.png

Oh my goodness they are treating the roads around here....... the car wash and body shop lobbyist have gotten to NCDOT oh vey

Oh my goodness they are treating the roads around here....... the car wash and body shop lobbyist have gotten to NCDOT oh vey
They have too much stock. They need to move that inventory. Gotta strike while the iron's hot.

Can't beat'em, join'em....

Roof collapsing mega death snow band incoming, power out for days.... stock up now, clear the shelves, historic, epic, a winter to remember (how am I doing so far?)
namconus_ref_frzn_seus_31.png

Back