• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Thanks for the kind words. We're not perfect, and we certainly get as frustrated with the weather as anyone. But we all agree internally that this should be an enjoyable place to come together and discuss weather, while recognizing that there has to be some level of order to the site and also that it incumbent upon us all to maintain respect for each other, as it is with any community. But nobody's perfect, and we all have our moments.

Don't get a big head now.....

Hey, when it comes to snow, it’s every man/women for theirselves! I’m a little salty this isn’t my storm, but I really hope AL/GA get the ground white, because as rare as it is here, it’s even more rare for them!

I just hope if I or my GA folks can't score, the Bama folks score big. You can tell certain posters were a little giddy at the fact that the models were going in a negative direction this morning/last night and I don't really like that.

EDIT: But I won't say anymore. Let the chips fall as they may. I'm sure others have noticed the same thing.

If this storm doesn’t flop, then my personal 7 day forecast is a bust. Some areas will still see an Inch. I also nailed my own personal forecast in early December when all global models were giving me 6”+ right up until go time. I knew that just wasn’t happening. It was easy to see where the dividing line was going to set up regardless of goober snow maps. None of this needs to be taken personal. It’s weather. It’s a whole lot bigger than us

I don’t like the precip type maps at my provider because they are often deceiving. For example, sometimes they show snow where no snow has or is falling. At least for the GFS I’ve seen that.

I just want some snow! I bought a brand new sled in November and my son has only used it once and I had to pull him through mud puddles just to get some use out of it! I’ll be planning a weekend trip to Banner Elk in late feb if the NW flow ever gets cranked back up

Have to disagree, haven't seen the mods treating anyone like an "ass" or having egos.
Thanks, we certainly try! And let's face it the admins/mods, well we're just weather nuts like everyone else (no disrespect intended) and we get frustrated as much as anyone else too Lol. I think people need to remember this is a hobby and a couple of guys that love that hobby decided to create a unique online community where we all could come and talk about it, since nobody in the real world really likes to discuss it. :D

Since the SSW didn't work out for us, when do we start betting on an ULL rolling through and dumping a couple of inches of snow.

Have to say if today was in the 30s or 40s with full cloud cover I would feel better about tomorrow. Sucks we have sun and 50s the day before a storm.

Back