• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

All I know is my weather app is showing a snow icon on Saturday and Sunday #Win

All I know is my weather app is showing a snow icon on Saturday and Sunday #Win
Better get your bread and milk! The big ones coming! Who’d of thought middle Jan, and temps still a concern!? Remember when RC said he wished the Dec storm would be in Jan!? He we are! :(

The system might not produce a big storm next week, but still something to track. Plenty of time for things to evolve, and the models are still quite different with what they are showing. Maybe this system could just set the stage for something bigger the following week, too.

Lol, I take a break from the boards this weekend and a storm thread is started. Figures...

Trying to catch up, this looks like a pretty marginal threat for the clt area. I like that the ensembles keep the low along the gulf coast, but the high pressure on both the gefs and the eps is way up in Canada, and not that strong. The 50/50 is trending stronger but it's still not very strong. I think at most this is a nuisance event IMBY. Be interesting to see how it evolves this week though.

At this point, more focused on getting the overall pattern cranking by 1/20.

Lol, I take a break from the boards this weekend and a storm thread is started. Figures...

Trying to catch up, this looks like a pretty marginal threat for the clt area. I like that the ensembles keep the low along the gulf coast, but the high pressure on both the gefs and the eps is way up in Canada, and not that strong. The 50/50 is trending stronger but it's still not very strong. I think at most this is a nuisance event IMBY. Be interesting to see how it evolves this week though.

At this point, more focused on getting the overall pattern cranking by 1/20.
I agree. From what I have seen nothing to be overly excited about for the weekend storm yet unless the hp trends in a better spot and stronger. Definitely looks promising after that with more cold air in place and more snow pack to the north.

Ugh, not liking the over moderation I am seeing in the storm thread by a couple of mods. Reminds me too much of American.

Ugh, not liking the over moderation I am seeing in the storm thread by a couple of mods. Reminds me too much of American.

Totally agree. Many of us don’t live in the areas looking good for next weekend. When people make blanket statements about a run “looking good” you’re gonna get a little flak. Of course if it becomes incessant then it should be dealt with but when folks are passionate about something, they will occasionally channel that passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such as? From what I can see nothing has been deleted today. Maybe moved but not deleted.

Stuff that is being moved now wasn't moved before, though. People are getting warned on posts that have not been a problem in the past.

Did you read the post by rain cold the other day?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I must have missed it because I don't know what you are referring to. But I really don't like how it seems things are being moderated now by a couple like they were at American.

Totally agree. Many of us don’t live in the areas looking good for next weekend. When people make blanket statements about a run “looking good” you’re gonna get a little flak. Of course if it becomes incessant then it should be dealt with but when folks are passionate about something, they will occasionally channel that passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually explained why the run looked good, not just because it brought snow to my area but the fact that it had made huge improvements, in other words, another couple of improvements like that and many would be happy. I'm totally at a loss on how to respond anymore without offending or ruffling someone's feathers....

I must have missed it because I don't know what you are referring to. But I really don't like how it seems things are being moderated now by a couple like they were at American.
Was your post moved today?

Was your post moved today?

Not today, but I was talking about others that were warned for posts that used to be okay in the storm thread.

If some of y'all really new what went into starting a message board and all the time, money, effort, behind the scenes discussions to attempt to make it the best place possible for all. To do all in their power to learn from past mistakes, to make it inviting, friendly, free-flowing..... it's not effortless at all, it's difficult and well some of y'all are starting to just, anyway. Show some understanding and respect is all I ask.... thanks

Back