• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

be1282fbf06bd50ac2e053d3187069e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that control run, e8, an e18 look nice.

Not the thread to post what you posted. Read back and note that banter posts are likely to be deleted. These posts are going to be moved to the banter thread as soon as I post this.
Okay, burns.

I’m beginning to think places along I-20 like Jackson,ms Birmingham,Al and Atlanta,Ga won’t experience much in the way of winter weather this year unless this pattern changes and stays for a couple of weeks

I’m beginning to think places along I-20 like Jackson,ms Birmingham,Al and Atlanta,Ga won’t experience much in the way of winter weather this year unless this pattern changes and stays for a couple of weeks

Good news is that the pattern is changing. Us I-20ers still have time to score. I don’t see all the places you named getting zero. Last have of Jan looks promising along with February. I would bank on February.

At least we are being nice and moving them. We could just straight out delete it.
Well, I am getting confused on what is okay to post and what isn't. Always thought this was better than the other board because it was more laid back. It was a comment on the actual ensembles, so it was not off topic. Just seems some mods are more strict than others, and the inconsistency is confusing.

My chargers beat the ravens today!! Now let’s hope our North Carolina friends steal a snow storm from them next week also. The mid Atlantic people will be on edge even more so with the ravens losing today. I on the other hand won’t be to bummed if I miss out on snow if my chargers can win it all this season.
Uh! Speak for yourself. I want at least one quality snow this winter (I mean true accumulation, not that slushy crap that's gone in hours).

One thing I'm ready for is for the weather models, etc, to show something interesting, and not start trending in the wrong direction.

Important 12z runs tonight. I’d like to see a more squished 2” event myself. Don’t really see that happening though because every rain event we’ve had in the last 2-3 months has been 2” or bust.

Last edited:
Okay, burns.

Come on man be realistic . It’s not hard . We are the most easy going board there is and have made it extremely simple to understand . During threats banter posts are either deleted or moved to banter . It’s not that hard at all .

Im not being optimistic or pessimistic, but I didnt recieve a good snow in the supposed "legendary" winter of 2009-2010 until Febuary 10th. Be patient.

Can you imagine the division on this board if this winter ends up being a CAD only winter, while those of us west of the apps get nothing? I don't drink, but if that were to happen, don't be surprised to see Jackie D in one hand, and a 'quila in the other

Okay, burns.

Now that’s the lowest of low blows. Ouch!

Brick, you are one of the kings of bantering, especially using gifs (which I admit are sometimes very funny) often even in the main monthly threads, and the mods usually let those stay there as opposed to moving them to banter. So, I don’t see how you can think they’re overall stricter with you. You’re a favorite among some of the active posters. So you’re given a lot of tolerance imo. But the storm threads are different.

Im not being optimistic or pessimistic, but I didnt recieve a good snow in the supposed "legendary" winter of 2009-2010 until Febuary 10th. Be patient.

I don’t think it was legendary just because of the wintry precip. It was also the coldest SE winter since 1977-8 for many by far, including at KATL. I remember being soooo excited just because we were having the first nearly wall to wall cold winter in 32 years!

This weekend weather goober on Fox Carolina just showed the 12z Euro precip maps on the 10 o’clock news and said “rain for the upstate”

??‍♂️ Then why did you show the ONE model that was actually giving us snow?

Goober

I hear a lot of talk about February having a lot of potential, but remember February 2015 ? Lots of cold and lots of moisture and somehow ATL managed to get shut out. So it often takes a miracle for ATL even in a great pattern.

Back