• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Without examples i can't help you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

People have made general replies about their backyard before, and it was okay. And replies like this were okay, but now they get moved.
be1282fbf06bd50ac2e053d3187069e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, that control run, e8, an e18 look nice.

People tend to forget that when you make a comment like "well, you can stick a fork in this one", especially with a threat 5+ days out, you tend to get several replies, none of which are now discussing the storm threat. The comment on a comment effect is a multiplier of banter posts in a thread that ought to be for analysis and legit discussion about the elements of the threat.

If you want to declare the threat to be a massive guarantee of a snowstorm or a massive failure 5 days out, fine. It's a precarious position, but feel free to take it, with one caveat: Add some meteorology behind why it is or is not likely to be a threat.

Well, I guess I'll just be replying less, because I don't get what is okay to post and what isn't, and it is frustrating to post something just to have it moved or deleted.

Well, I guess I'll just be replying less, because I don't get what is okay to post and what isn't, and it is frustrating to post something just to have it moved or deleted.
I don't understand your confusion, given all of your many years of posting in weather forums, particularly that so many people don't seem to have a lot of issues around this.

I don't understand your confusion, given all of your many years of posting in weather forums, particularly that so many people don't seem to have a lot of issues around this.

Because I had posts moved that used to be okay and were not moved before. Just starting to remind of of some mods at the other board.

This is your one post from yesterday that got moved. It couldn't be that upsetting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, it is different from how things were before. And I have seen people getting warned for posts that should be in banter that used to be okay in the storm threads. Just saying it is starting to remind me of how the moderating was heavy handed at the other board.

We've all been a part of it on here, calling dibs on what ensemble looks good, but I'm gonna be honest, that doesn't really bring much to the discussion. IMBY'ing doesn't and weenie'ing out on your total IMBY showed by a model also doesn't either unless you're posting a map.

That doesn't mean that the memes and gifs posted weren't fun, but for the ladies and gentlemen that aren't experts, the way to contribute to discussion is to at least try to interpret what a model is showing.

Because I had posts moved that used to be okay and were not moved before. Just starting to remind of of some mods at the other board.
You are more than welcome to discuss the storm in the storm thread or the pattern in the pattern thread as much as you want. The board has grown a lot. Nobody is wanting to make it not fun or an overmoderated environment. There are lots of internal discussions about this and trying to navigate this effectively and appropriately. And so far as I know, the mods haven't been rude and mean and snotty about this. But as the community grows, doesn't it make sense to try and discuss things in a discussion thread and not say a bunch of things like, "This one is done! I like e17! Looks like I'm going to get 12" of snow this time! The models can't ever get anything right!"?

All anyone is saying is that you have a very active banter threat that virtually everyone who posts frequently reads. You can be assured that your comments will be read here. Let's just try to have some legit discussion in the discussion threads and keep them as uncluttered as possible. This isn't to say that a banter post or two isn't going to occur sometimes. That's fine. But if 80% of your posts are banter posts, that's kind of an issue.

Well, it is different from how things were before. And I have seen people getting warned for posts that should be in banter that used to be okay in the storm threads. Just saying it is starting to remind me of how the moderating was heavy handed at the other board.
Are we banning people here and there? Are we making your avatar a hot dog? Are we changing your name to something unimaginable? Nope. Warning points to maybe 3 people (I'm not sure how many got them but it's likely less), moving posts from a storm thread, and mentioning nobody likes to hear "I like this torch", "e4 looks good", and "Let's all dive!" in 30% of the posts every 6 hours is hardly what American is like. My advice is not to sound like a broken record and take a chill pill and realize it's far more tolerant over here.

Edit: This post isn't meant to be rude or anything. We just try our best to moderate.

I actually explained why the run looked good, not just because it brought snow to my area but the fact that it had made huge improvements, in other words, another couple of improvements like that and many would be happy. I'm totally at a loss on how to respond anymore without offending or ruffling someone's feathers....

You did and I apologize as I saw that message afterwards. Thanks for the clarification.

Are we banning people here and there? Are we making your avatar a hot dog? Are we changing your name to something unimaginable? Nope. Warning points to maybe 3 people (I'm not sure how many got them but it's likely less), moving posts from a storm thread, and mentioning nobody likes to hear "I like this torch", "e4 looks good", and "Let's all dive!" in 30% of the posts every 6 hours is hardly what American is like. My advice is not to sound like a broken record and take a chill pill and realize it's far more tolerant over here.

No, but things are starting to get different, and I just don't like how the moderating is headed with a few. Like I said, that post I made that was moved would have been okay in the past on the storm thread. Now I feel like general comments on the storm have to be made in banter, and you have to be an expert to make a comment on the model runs or whatever in the storm thread. And that is how I felt over at American when I had comments moved. But do whatever you're going to do. I am not a mod or an admin here. I'll just post less I guess because I don't know what is going to be moved or not.

Why are you the only one that has issues with this every time there is a threat . It’s pretty straight forward

Why are you the only one that has issues with this every time there is a threat . It’s pretty straight forward

Actually, it isn't, and I explained why.

Actually, it isn't, and I explained why.

You are the only person that complains every time there is a threat . The constant factor is you . It’s very simple . During storm threats we run a tighter ship . It’s really not hard to understand

Whatever, dude. I gave an example of a post that was fine in storm threads before, and this time it was moved. It is different.

I'm very thankful for this board, I'm thankful for our MODs and ADMINs, if it wasn't for you guys we wouldn't be here enjoying what we love most. Im a manager for Walmart and I have to make sure I run a tight system, tight crew, so we can only become a better place. I enjoy being here, even if my post is removed to banter, than that's my fault to began with. Let's move on to what we love most, weather. Thanks

Back