• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

No, but things are starting to get different, and I just don't like how the moderating is headed with a few. Like I said, that post I made that was moved would have been okay in the past on the storm thread. Now I feel like general comments on the storm have to be made in banter, and you have to be an expert to make a comment on the model runs or whatever in the storm thread. And that is how I felt over at American when I had comments moved. But do whatever you're going to do. I am not a mod or an admin here. I'll just post less I guess because I don't know what is going to be moved or not.
You can discuss or analyze storms and threats and patterns all you want. Everything is distilled down within that notion. Does that make sense?

Are we banning people here and there? Are we making your avatar a hot dog? Are we changing your name to something unimaginable? Nope. Warning points to maybe 3 people (I'm not sure how many got them but it's likely less), moving posts from a storm thread, and mentioning nobody likes to hear "I like this torch", "e4 looks good", and "Let's all dive!" in 30% of the posts every 6 hours is hardly what American is like. My advice is not to sound like a broken record and take a chill pill and realize it's far more tolerant over here.

Edit: This post isn't meant to be rude or anything. We just try our best to moderate.
Well, actually....

WRAL now showing a "chance of rain and snow" for Saturday and Sunday with a high temperature in the mid-40s for Raleigh. Weird. If we do get any frozen precipitation I'd estimate the high temperature will be much colder, likely in the 32-36F range. If GFS is right we'd likely be looking at a cool rain for the most part.

I don't feel like RDU will get lucky twice, but that's just based on my personal gut feeling, not real meteorology. :p

WRAL now showing a "chance of rain and snow" for Saturday and Sunday with a high temperature in the mid-40s for Raleigh. Weird. If we do get any frozen precipitation I'd estimate the high temperature will be much colder, likely in the 32-36F range. If GFS is right we'd likely be looking at a cool rain for the most part.

I don't feel like RDU will get lucky twice, but that's just based on my personal gut feeling, not real meteorology. :p
In the absence of an overwhelming signal, most weather outlets will show temps slightly below climo (which for us is above freezing) when there is a 5-7 day snow threat. This used to annoy me, but that's just the way they do it. If the threat remains, you can bet they will lower those temps in a day or two.

I'm very thankful for this board, I'm thankful for our MODs and ADMINs, if it wasn't for you guys we wouldn't be here enjoying what we love most. Im a manager for Walmart and I have to make sure I run a tight system, tight crew, so we can only become a better place. I enjoy being here, even if my post is removed to banter, than that's my fault to began with. Let's move on to what we love most, weather. Thanks

By talking with these guys for years, I can honestly say only Shane holds his head up. The others do try and kudos to them for that part.

I think.

In the absence of an overwhelming signal, most weather outlets will show temps slightly below climo (which for us is above freezing) when there is a 5-7 day snow threat. This used to annoy me, but that's just the way they do it. If the threat remains, you can bet they will lower those temps in a day or two.

Yeah I've noticed that too. Local outlets will show a snow/mixed storm 5 days out with a high of 45. Turns out it's always below freezing if the storm verifies, lol. It's amazing how much more you learn on these boards than watching the tv mets on tv.

By talking with these guys for years, I can honestly say only Shane holds his head up. The others do try and kudos to them for that part.

I think.
Who dat call my name?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think.
In a "snobby" way or in a positive way..... I'm trying to understand if I try is that good or bad?

Lol

It's not the size of the high that matters but where you place it.......;)

Also I need me one of them wxbell subscriptions.... Lol (had one last year but can't make myself spend the money this year, yet)

I come back from a round of golf and I see both threads on fire.... then I start reading.....I might go play another round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the size of the high that matters but where you place it.......;)

Also I need me one of them wxbell subscriptions.... Lol (had one last year but can't make myself spend the money this year, yet)

I was going to get one too, when we were supposed to get the glory pattern show up in January. That thought is on hold until February, maybe?

ht
tvn7v1e9j1921.jpg

Back