Tropical 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season & Model Discussion

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
If you can call 1 of 20+ GEFS members backup, then you can say it has backup. That member hits LA with a TS then.

Otherwise, the 12Z/18Z GEFS as well as 12Z EPS runs continue mainly quiet and very quiet for mid to late August.

Yeah not likely but we’ll see ?‍♂️

Reactions: Henry2326
As Ethan pointed out, all the models have the wave locked and loaded....just waiting to see if the environment puts it all together. For several different runs, GFS says possible.
Might I add....I believe this wave is developing in an area that NOAA said (last week) unlikely because of vertical shear.....I don't know.

About a week ago, I bet with a friend that something would develop the week of August 20th.....sure, I'm guessing....but there is a lot of data that says the environment is almost ready if a wave comes along in the the right spot. Basically that's all the GFS runs are telling us.

I remember these days watching models.
giphy.gif