• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season & Model Discussion

For anyone who may know. When will the water in the gulf get murky instead of clear? Will Monday and Tuesday be clear water days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All it takes is a few large storms just off the coast to mess up that beautiful clear water. If the storms move out it usually takes a few days to clear up.

All it takes is a few large storms just off the coast to mess up that beautiful clear water. If the storms move out it usually takes a few days to clear up.

Thank you. So basically I shouldn’t expect clear water?

I think so, but it’s still a developing system so it could change.

I’m leaving midnight tonight. Hoping I get a window of opportunity to see the clear water in the morning. Hopefully before anything develops. I’ll be around fort Walton.

I’m leaving midnight tonight. Hoping I get a window of opportunity to see the clear water in the morning. Hopefully before anything develops. I’ll be around fort Walton.

Yea the first few days might be fine until mid week.

For the "it"that may get to the Gulf, and for any other storm that fires, this is a good link to watch cone shifts and such as things unfold ("it" is not yet included --- only goes for storms with a name) ... but well worth bookmarking (in Wiki as well if you prefer) ...

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/

NHC now monitoring new disturbance in Eastern Atlantic.
968DEDA8-78F6-431E-8DA0-9ACCEE23CEB6.png
1. A tropical wave located several hundred miles southwest of the Cabo
Verde Islands is producing disorganized shower activity. Some
slight development of the wave is possible during the next day or
two while it moves westward at 15 to 20 mph before environmental
conditions become less favorable over the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.

Uh oh. Is this another home brew or 93L?

76e80fc9354a3f52b5ed4723b4f3e429.jpg

Thanks to the record -NAO stint earlier this summer & late in the spring, the subtropical and extratropical north Atlantic are starting to resemble the warm phase of the AMO....

ssta_natl (1).png

2600_1700_2cd0_b120_4d8a_dca3_2a06_6d24.195.21.1.28.gif

The ECMWF forecasts weaker than average trade winds for the next week & a half in the eastern MDR & this is consistent w/ the recent passage of a CCKW-MJO couplet that's currently entering the Indian Ocean. The weaker the average trades will likely lead to some warming of the tropical Atlantic as long as the Saharan Air Layer isn't too extensive.

ecmwf_u850aMean_atl_1.png

Thanks to the record -NAO stint earlier this summer & late in the spring, the subtropical and extratropical north Atlantic are starting to resemble the warm phase of the AMO....

View attachment 21137

View attachment 21136

The ECMWF forecasts weaker than average trade winds for the next week & a half in the eastern MDR & this is consistent w/ the recent passage of a CCKW-MJO couplet that's currently entering the Indian Ocean. The weaker the average trades will likely lead to some warming of the tropical Atlantic as long as the Saharan Air Layer isn't too extensive.

View attachment 21138
In simple terms, what’s this mean for the SE??

Hot and humid. Some recurvatures. One hurricane near or hitting the east coast states late summer/early Fall. Few close calls with Bermuda.

Hot and humid. Some recurvatures. One hurricane near or hitting the east coast states late summer/early Fall. Few close calls with Bermuda.
So is this your forecast? All gulf coast is clear?

Mostly yes unless something develops inside the GOM or BOC. Don’t expect a hurricane from the Caribbean or Atlantic entering the GOM this year at all.

Back