• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season & Model Discussion

There are more members further west this run.
GEFSSE_prec_ptypens_174.png

This thing isn’t gonna actually happen till about Friday night correct. I’m hoping if I go on vacation and leave Friday morning I’ll be alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Model concencus growing for at least some type of development. Strength and location still up in the air. My 5 days away hot take: strongish tropical storm that makes landfall around Biloxi

I believe Barry is coming

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Sun Jul 7 2019

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

A trough of low pressure over the southeastern United States is
forecast to move southward toward the northeastern Gulf of Mexico,
where a broad low pressure area will likely form in a few days.
Thereafter, upper-level winds support gradual development, and a
tropical depression could form late week while the low meanders near
the northeastern Gulf of Mexico coast through Friday. Interests
along the northern Gulf Coast and Florida peninsula should monitor
the progress of this system.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.

Maybe models are catching up to the GFS. Gfs seems pretty weak from the get go. And holding firm

For anyone who may know. When will the water in the gulf get murky instead of clear? Will Monday and Tuesday be clear water days?

Regarding ensembles' having sub 1004 Gulf lows, whereas the EPS has continued to have numerous members with them, the 12Z GEFS and 12Z GEPS still have none with their strongest of 20 or so members ~1005 mb and most weaker than that. So, the battle line is still drawn between the Euro suite and the GFS/CDN suites. Based on the 12Z Euro op., I expect the 12Z EPS to persist with numerous sub 1004. We'll know soon.

12Z EPS:
- mean has trended further west and stronger with it centered in W LA
- numerous sub 1004
- out of ~51, close to 20 get to sub 1000 either in Gulf or after coming inland
- I counted 8 that get to below 992 either in Gulf or after coming inland; 4 of those 8 hit between central LA and central TX coasts; other 4 hit mainly in MS/AL/W FL panhandle
- Landfalls between Thu 7/11 and Mon 7/14 with 7/12-13 dominating
- Mean heaviest rainfall has also shifted west from the 0Z's Big Bend of FL to Phil to SE portion of GA/SC/NC to the 12Z's more spread out from FL Big Bend to NE TX and then coming inland with an impressive 1.5-2" mean centered on ATL-AHN -GSP-ASH

Last edited:
Back