• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season & Model Discussion

Meanwhile, neither the GFS nor CDN suites have much of anything. The Euro suite is setting up to be either a big winner or loser.

Meanwhile, neither the GFS nor CDN suites have much of anything. The Euro suite is setting up to be either a big winner or loser.
I’ll take my chances on the Euro

anything with a ts in the Gulf is a "loser" in the broadest sense of the word, IMHO ... but frankly, if one looks at sheer, sst's, heights, upper air currents (projected) and other factors (like a system forming out of Kentucky), it's a dream at this point (a bad dream, nonetheless) ...

Last edited:
I was planning to take a vacation to fort Walton Florida. That’s in the panhandle mon to Friday. Gfs says I shouldn’t change the trip while the euro says shorten it to about Monday to Thursday. Any advice would be helpful I’ve never been there before so this is a first time trip. Hoping to see clear water. What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning to take a vacation to fort Walton Florida. That’s in the panhandle mon to Friday. Gfs says I shouldn’t change the trip while the euro says shorten it to about Monday to Thursday. Any advice would be helpful I’ve never been there before so this is a first time trip. Hoping to see clear water. What should I do?

It’s a beautiful beach, ocean might be angry so the water might not be clear but the beaches are fantastic. Very relaxed compared to PCB or Destin.

It’s a beautiful beach, ocean might be angry so the water might not be clear but the beaches are fantastic. Very relaxed compared to PCB or Destin.

I’m hoping Monday and Tuesday is good days there at least.

I've been howling at the potential here for the past few days, so if there is a "threat" coming, can I start the thread at due time?
Wilkesdud??

Expect FL summer weather ...

Attachments

• 7-Day Forecast for Latitude 30.41°N and Longitude 86.61°W (Elev. 33 ft) (Text-Only).pdf
    168.5 KB · Views: 7
Well at least the gfs looks decent for a Florida panhandle vacation. I really hope the weather not bad. But based on models so far it doesn’t look like it warrants canceling

ICON with a Panhandle hurricane on Friday

GFS still looks to be nothing basically so yeah a lot of possibilities

received_449361452287756.png

Last edited:
looking at the 0z Euro it has definitely trended weaker than previous bullish runs though it is still way stronger than the GFS and much further west

1000 mb SE of New Orleans Friday Night

995 mb making landfall in MS Saturday Night

ecmwf_z500_mslp_watl_8 (3).png

Last edited:
FWIW 6z icon holding strong
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_40.png

Back