• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season & Model Discussion

Maybe some GEFS members will back it up

If you can call 1 of 20+ GEFS members backup, then you can say it has backup. That member hits LA with a TS then.

Otherwise, the 12Z/18Z GEFS as well as 12Z EPS runs continue mainly quiet and very quiet for mid to late August.

If you can call 1 of 20+ GEFS members backup, then you can say it has backup. That member hits LA with a TS then.

Otherwise, the 12Z/18Z GEFS as well as 12Z EPS runs continue mainly quiet and very quiet for mid to late August.

Yeah not likely but we’ll see ?‍♂️

As Ethan pointed out, all the models have the wave locked and loaded....just waiting to see if the environment puts it all together. For several different runs, GFS says possible.
Might I add....I believe this wave is developing in an area that NOAA said (last week) unlikely because of vertical shear.....I don't know.

About a week ago, I bet with a friend that something would develop the week of August 20th.....sure, I'm guessing....but there is a lot of data that says the environment is almost ready if a wave comes along in the the right spot. Basically that's all the GFS runs are telling us.

I remember these days watching models.
giphy.gif

0z GFS is trying to form something near the Yucatan at Day 8

20 mb weaker and further SW than last run but its something

Back