• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Stormlover link said:
IN case this hasn't been posted:
610temp.new.gif

Those maps are created differently on weekdays vs weekends....weekdays have human input while weekend are model generated. I expect them to get worse soon.

12z para heads the wrong direction as well. pretty good model agreement from the 12z set

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 link said:
12z para heads the wrong direction as well. pretty good model agreement from the 12z set

Nice to see model agreement at this range!

Storm5 link said:

yeah. i think were in trouble

On a positive note, it can't get much worse, if your only expecting rain, then only happy surprises and happy trees!

modelwatcher link said:
Even if we do not score with wintry precip next weekend, the 12Z EURO has highs next Sunday at or below 32F for a lot of us. Looking very cold as of now.

IMG_0211_zpsldpuxyf6.png

Although it looks very cold as of now, I'd take those very cold modeled temperatures with a huge grain as even the Euro has been cold biased of late. Just its prior run had similarly very cold for next Saturday with 1 PM readings near 32. The 12Z run has about 40 at 1 PM. Of course, the details of operational runs out past a week should always be taken with a grain. But i'd take modeled very cold even more with a grain due to a significant cold bias as of late.

Stormlover link said:
IN case this hasn't been posted:
610temp.new.gif

That seems completely different from what I've seen on the GFS (that's one model though). From what I saw there it's above average here outside of a few days and that update puts me at slight above.

From looks of things, likely won't be good news on the 18z GFS.  Modeling just getting to the time-period though.

Not sure where it's going but a tad colder and juicer

hoping that west end slows a bit and the high dropping in helps push it south.

edit: maybe a little more separation. lets see where it goes I spose'

JLL1973 link said:
[quote author=Usmeagle2005 link=topic=80.msg5026#msg5026 date=1483135014]
I had a feeling, I told my wife about it..... kids of death in my area. ? In Tupelo, Ms
you guys usually get more than we do
[/quote]are you serious? wow....not this stuff again. I'd take where Corinth is in a heartbeat. Same junk every winter. Why would a place a few miles south of you usually get more? smh

Para has a low around Columbus maybe? That's not that bad of a run

notice that little pv lobe pushing further to the east faster vs 12

Back