• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Lock this thread and let's get the mojo going back in the January discussion

NorthGaWinter link said:

might can get something secondary.

Please don't let brick ever start a thread again. This turnaround in this short of time has been remarkable.

NorthGaWinter link said:
I think we shouldn't just take two runs and jump the cliff. We should wait until tomorrow's 18Z, and if things keep getting worse, and trending NW, then we can all jump.

Counting this system and the New Years system most of the drought areas will be getting a lot of rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the icy/mix is filling into ms/al. snow in tn  1031 traveling overhead. with the secondary wave.

ForsythSnow link said:
[quote author=NorthGaWinter link=topic=80.msg5046#msg5046 date=1483136429]
I think we shouldn't just take two runs and jump the cliff. We should wait until tomorrow's 18Z, and if things keep getting worse, and trending NW, then we can all jump.
[/quote]

Euro, gfs, gefs, eps and the CMC all suck.

low pops around southern sc/savannah ga or so.  parts of tn not too shabby snow wise. some mix/ice/snow on the tail end as the cold air pushing down.

this was a slight step to a better result with the second wave.  i'd check out the ensembles with this in a bit.  al/ms/tn look a bit more Wintry this go around.

edit: also the whole second deal is slower vs 12

snow trying to make it into N. central/N. eastern NC.  not horrible.

Stormlover link said:
[quote author=NorthGaWinter link=topic=80.msg5057#msg5057 date=1483136840]
1/7-1/10 drought buster thread. Change the name
man, take a break....get away from it for a while..seriously.
[/quote]

Not saying starting this thread started it... but it went downhill fast when we did. Hope 00z runs are better

Actually, the GFS and EURO are not too far off on the chances of some back end winter precip for some parts of the SE with the second wave...

IMG_0212_zps5halbhbg.jpeg

Shawn link said:
this was a slight step to a better result with the second wave.  i'd check out the ensembles with this in a bit.  al/ms/tn look a bit more Wintry this go around.

edit: also the whole second deal is slower vs 12

snow trying to make it into N. central/N. eastern NC.  not horrible.

Yep, SER flexing its muscle though, only hope is that the models are overestimating the SER

modelwatcher link said:
Actually, the GFS and EURO are not too far off on the chances of some back end winter precip for some parts of the SE with the second wave...

If we can get it a bit slower and a little further south with that system behind the first, we might all be a bit more wintry than we think.

18z GFS shows me there is plenty of time to improve which I'm fine with that. Indications shows between Euro and GFS there may be secondary low we could have

Back