• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Man, I really wanted the new forum theme/layout / system to work but Tapatalk won't work right through it. :(  Can see the post fine Chris. :D

Hey Shawn is there a way to have a refresh , to upload pages to fresh post? Thanks

accu35 link said:
Hey Shawn is there a way to have a refresh , to upload pages to fresh post? Thanks

I'd love to have that, but not on this software.. a feasible way at least.  We'll get the new stuff to work eventually, I just don't want to muck something up bad with a potential Wintry event soon.

Heavy rain added.

222.png

6z says...."0z, you crazy"
Lots like 18z run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farleydawg79 link said:
6z says...."0z, you crazy"
Lots like 18z run

Well, at least the GFS is back to its senses (for now). I just hope that the big shifts have settled down and we are getting a better idea of what to expect.

I thought about doing a paper on how pre-events can hurt grocery store sales and increase wrecks. They are often modeled with less uncertainty and attention out ahead of big dogs. 

1-3" from Wilkesboro to Raleigh would be severe combined with the cold people would not be able to prepare for a weekend deluge of ice or snow.

The public is often mislead with forecasters focusing on the uncertainty of the EURO having trouble on smaller scale systems/amounts when they need to focus more on impacts of dangerous travel. Too many times have I seen TV stations use "low probabilities" because they don't wanna hype low amounts. This is very misleading and dangerous. Source: People of Wal-Mart.

Man if only the board was awake, what a run. I believe we are settling down hopefully with the shift, start trending better since we are only few days awake from a possible winter storm

Long time lurker and learning so much from all you guys! Loved waking up to these new model runs. Here's to hoping they stick and/or improve!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Much better run from the 06z GFS. The 0z had the low at a terrible track that was completely incorrect. Much better with the 06z, much better.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Olaf link said:
[quote author=ForsythSnow link=topic=80.msg6817#msg6817 date=1483354869]
Holy Miller A. All snow for me ;D
gfs_asnow_seus_27.png

O.O Oh.my. That would make everyone happy...
[/quote]
Of course, some of that would be IP and ZR, especially on the southern end.

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
Much better run from the 06z GFS. The 0z had the low at a terrible track that was completely incorrect. Much better with the 06z, much better.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
We are getting closer now, as Saturday is only 5 days away. We should know by Wednesday for sure.

farleydawg79 link said:
[quote author=Olaf link=topic=80.msg6823#msg6823 date=1483355688]
[quote author=ForsythSnow link=topic=80.msg6817#msg6817 date=1483354869]
Holy Miller A. All snow for me ;D
gfs_asnow_seus_27.png

O.O Oh.my. That would make everyone happy...
[/quote]
Of course, some of that would be IP and ZR, especially on the southern end.

[/quote]
South of what looks like Alpharetta area has ice per Pivotalweather.

Back