• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

3878753203f051896003dd3d1608bfee.jpg
48fdb11dad7928d578c4535c007ca152.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sweet! Low is on the boarder of GA/FL at 120.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Need more separation. More cold chasing moisture. But it's got snow on NW side. Much better than 12z

Deltadog03 link said:
Need more separation. More cold chasing moisture. But it's got snow on NW side. Much better than 12z
Yeah a little more seperation.

Even gets CAE with some nice snows.  Neat.

this run is still suppressed in reality.  so we are making progress . by Wednesday it will be a DC smash job lol

JK .......kinda

Storm5 link said:
this run is still suppressed in reality.  so we are making progress . by Wednesday it will be a DC smash job lol

JK .......kinda

HAHA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another issue is the high isn't closer to the low. That high needs to be closer by to reinforce the cold air. We're still on the right track. Euro and CMC is decently consistent. That darn GFS needs to get better, which it will eventually.

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
Another issue is the high isn't closer to the low. That high needs to be closer by to reinforce the cold air. We're still on the right track. Euro and CMC is decently consistent. That darn GFS needs to get better, which it will eventually.

I love your positive attitude. I sure hope you are right !

bouncycorn link said:
We need more moisture from the low... so a stronger gulf low and stronger high. Both possible given this is the ecmwf.

You don't really need a stronger low to bring in more moisture though. Realistically, if the SLP track was to be right and it tracked over the FL panhandle, I would think lack of moisture would be the least of our worries.

Back