• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

What did euro show for the Thursday wave around the upstate precip wise?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bsudweather link said:

nothing , no precip east of the mountains till late Friday

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Weatherlover92 link said:
[quote author=bouncycorn link=topic=80.msg6769#msg6769 date=1483338343]
We need more moisture from the low... so a stronger gulf low and stronger high. Both possible given this is the ecmwf.

You don't really need a stronger low to bring in more moisture though. Realistically, if the SLP track was to be right and it tracked over the FL panhandle, I would think lack of moisture would be the least of our worries.
[/quote]

So you think that if the SLP panned out as ECMWF projs it here, there'd be no lack of moisture as shown by the model?

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=Bsudweather link=topic=80.msg6785#msg6785 date=1483338769]

[/quote]
So has that been pushed back, or just not being modeled now?

I think that was a step in right direction. Need more separation of the streams and push of cold better. Nice Trent. The moisture will be there.

bouncycorn link said:
[quote author=Weatherlover92 link=topic=80.msg6784#msg6784 date=1483338731]
We need more moisture from the low... so a stronger gulf low and stronger high. Both possible given this is the ecmwf.

You don't really need a stronger low to bring in more moisture though. Realistically, if the SLP track was to be right and it tracked over the FL panhandle, I would think lack of moisture would be the least of our worries.
[/quote]

So you think that if the SLP panned out as ECMWF projs it here, there'd be no lack of moisture as shown by the model?
[/quote]
it's still suppressed.  verbatim the 00z track would lack good moisture . I want a little NW trend ..

kiss of death

Bsudweather link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=80.msg6786#msg6786 date=1483338845]

[/quote]

[/quote]
well I guess there is this lol
8e0e7a64d06d1da6f1b4cc3b842dcb48.jpg

Deltadog03 link said:
I think that was a step in right direction. Need more separation of the streams and push of cold better. Nice Trent. The moisture will be there.

So, we need more cold air now. It will show up tomorrow

Saw a post with the UKMET and it might be a hit with plenty of cold.  Of course we have limited imagery of it, but I see that it's a high probability of some okay snows.  Not a monster or anything.

SoutheastRidge link said:
[quote author=NorthGAWinterWx link=topic=80.msg6782#msg6782 date=1483338598]
Another issue is the high isn't closer to the low. That high needs to be closer by to reinforce the cold air. We're still on the right track. Euro and CMC is decently consistent. That darn GFS needs to get better, which it will eventually.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
I love your positive attitude. I sure hope you are right !
[/quote]
Thanks! You have to have a positive attitude when it comes to the weather. And I hope I'm right too. I bet a lot of people think I'm wishcasting. I'm not
wishcasting at all, I'm realistically speaking.

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=Bsudweather link=topic=80.msg6788#msg6788 date=1483338906]
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=80.msg6786#msg6786 date=1483338845]

[/quote]

[/quote]
well I guess there is this lol
8e0e7a64d06d1da6f1b4cc3b842dcb48.jpg

[/quote]
Well I guess if you're on rocky top that's better than nothing lol! But it sure doesn't help me out.

The high at 144 over eastern TX on the 0z Euro, that's where the high needs to be while the low is on the FL/GA boarder. The high and low will be working together, bringing in that cold north/northwesterly winds in here, reinforcing that cold air brotha's! There would be WAA over the eastern Carolina's but they would eventually change over to snow.

bouncycorn link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I don't. If we have a decent WSW flow aloft, it wouldn't take much for a weak SLP to pull in an ample amount of moisture from the GOM.

[quote author=bouncycorn link=topic=80.msg6787#msg6787 date=1483338851]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I don't. If we have a decent WSW flow aloft, it wouldn't take much for a weak SLP to pull in an ample amount of moisture from the GOM.
[/quote]
Only thing that would limit moisture with a strong low on that track would be convection along the gulf.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I checked the SST around the northern Gulf earlier, the surface waters are warm. We would have good QPF levels. High QPF levels do not mean a strong LP.

Anyone in here reading this thread late tonight, I will likely be pushing an update soon to the forum.  If things break, things will be reverted and returned to normal.  IF you have a major problem where the site is not working and can't post, type, etc... please send an email to: support (at) southernwx.com

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
[quote author=Weatherlover92 link=topic=80.msg6797#msg6797 date=1483339414]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I checked the SST around the northern Gulf earlier, the surface waters are warm. We would have good QPF levels. High QPF levels do not mean a strong LP.

[/quote]
Sure. My only issue was that the 00z showed lack of moisture even with the high pressure pretty far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember Larrys rule about the flow at 500mb (well not his rule, but great observation) euro and cmc turn it SW. The moisture will be there. Imo.

This is a test post to check site is back and going.

Test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back