• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

farleydawg79 link said:
[quote author=Olaf link=topic=80.msg6823#msg6823 date=1483355688]
[quote author=ForsythSnow link=topic=80.msg6817#msg6817 date=1483354869]
Holy Miller A. All snow for me ;D
gfs_asnow_seus_27.png

O.O Oh.my. That would make everyone happy...
[/quote]
Of course, some of that would be IP and ZR, especially on the southern end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Okay then...if that's ice in my area...apocalypse

Olaf link said:
[quote author=farleydawg79 link=topic=80.msg6825#msg6825 date=1483355746]
[quote author=Olaf link=topic=80.msg6823#msg6823 date=1483355688]
[quote author=ForsythSnow link=topic=80.msg6817#msg6817 date=1483354869]
Holy Miller A. All snow for me ;D
gfs_asnow_seus_27.png

O.O Oh.my. That would make everyone happy...
[/quote]
Of course, some of that would be IP and ZR, especially on the southern end.

[/quote]

Okay then...if that's ice in my area...apocalypse
[/quote]
Ice map
zr_acc.us_se.png

Down further closer to ATL and south would be ZR, north of ATL would be IP and snow.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

A lot of people would be miserable not happy with an inch of ice. Also, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh would not escape the warm nose at least some ice as it is often underplayed and already shown a tick south of these metros....any forward north trends this week can easily send that warm nose to the VA border. Lots of uncertainties in pytpe/amounts.

farleydawg79 link said:
4ad2d9e307c66643c5d049774e896bd4.png

a70ab93bce333775ca09692e799167d7.png

So..4+ inches of snow and .50 freezing rain? Owww.

Maybe the models will start trending towards agreement since we are getting closer.

The 06z GFS run is very much like the 18z from Sun and Sat. 0z run. That makes it 3 runs of the same ideal setup. 

Wow, still no update from the NWS out of Peachtree City, GA. They've should've updated over night. There is model agreement with past GFS model runs and with Euro and CMC. We are 5 days away from the event, it's more and more likely that there will be significant winter weather across the south within 5 days.

Yes I just noticed that too. Glad your here! Where's everbody at? How can they sleep? Lol!!

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
Wow, still no update from the NWS out of Peachtree City, GA. They've should've updated over night. There is model agreement with past GFS model runs and with Euro and CMC. We are 5 days away from the event, it's more and more likely that there will be significant winter weather across the south within 5 days.

Well, they updated and they are going with model uncertainty and keeping in slight chance rain/snow. I guess we have to wait a little longer before they bite.

Looking for an overnight 0z EPS report from someone with access.  Arguably the best model.  I'm very interested to see what they look like.

CummingWx link said:
[quote author=NorthGAWinterWx link=topic=80.msg6837#msg6837 date=1483358868]

Well, they updated and they are going with model uncertainty and keeping in slight chance rain/snow. I guess we have to wait a little longer before they bite.
[/quote]
Opppsss, didn't refresh the page. Yup, the NWS has a chance of rain/snow Thur night Sat night.

so the the winter weather is suppose to start coming in Thursday night/Friday am or is it now on Saturday?  I coach HS bball and trying to get idea of which games will be postponed for this weekend

packfan98 link said:
Looking for an overnight 0z EPS report from someone with access.  Arguably the best model.  I'm very interested to see what they look like.
0Z EPS Mean
037d7d9112a8875d932a641621fc4ebb.png

0Z EPS Control
8d32288eadd7702e4cd8b9d205ad1a6b.png

Back