• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

But JB said in his Saturday Summary that a low should come up out of the gulf around the upcoming weekend. So I really don't understand all the worry around here (sarcasm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metwannabe link said:
Oh well only good from the 0z suites is a slight uptick in the eps, with a handful of members with a decent hit.  So at least the pattern still has some potential albeit small... I'm leaning towards the shredder doing the dirty work and spoiling it for anyone. 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm all in on the Thursday wave. But even that looks like crap now. Ah Nina winter in the south. Remember when we were worried about not enough northern stream? Those were the days

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Well, hell...remember when it wasn't so hard to go snow around here??  oh wait...never mind...its the south...always difficult..  :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :eyeroll:

Deltadog03 link said:
Well, hell...remember when it wasn't so hard to go snow around here??  oh wait...never mind...its the south...always difficult..  :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :eyeroll:
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfs very consistent through 12z Tuesday versys the previous 24 hrs of runs.  It's after this time that all hell breaks loose

SD link said:
Gfs very consistent through 12z Tuesday versys the previous 24 hrs of runs.  It's after this time that all hell breaks loose

Yup, I don't see no major changes from the 12z through that period.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

This run is going to bring back the Thursday wave for NC after the 6z dropped it.  Not sure if it's as north and warm as the euro

SD link said:
This run is going to bring back the Thursday wave for NC after the 6z dropped it.  Not sure if it's as north and warm as the euro

Looks a lot like the 0z with that wave so far, maybe a tick sw so far....definitely better than the 06z

I know their are probably more North Carolina folks on here than anybody, but I do think someone in the mid-south will see some winter weather late next week into the weekend.  :snowflake:

Energy is really off the pac nw coast now.  So we can't really count on that (from the GFS) 

metwannabe link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=80.msg6068#msg6068 date=1483285922]

Looks a lot like the 0z with that wave so far, maybe a tick sw so far....definitely better than the 06z

[/quote]
90-108 should be interesting. 

Not liking where this is heading....1 thing to note, in a NORTHERN stream dominate pattern, like we have this winter (so far) I will say that the GFS usually shines since things are progressive and northern stream happy.  GFS looooooooves those conditions.

SD link said:
[quote author=metwannabe link=topic=80.msg6069#msg6069 date=1483286159]
[quote author=SD link=topic=80.msg6068#msg6068 date=1483285922]

[/quote]
90-108 should be interesting. 

[/quote]

prob going to get yall a nice little swath of snow there.  its trying to dig, but waaaaay too late for all of us except yall prob....

Pretty crazy looking pattern with that ul hanging back and interacting with the low in a the pacific.

Moisture plume developing nicely.  Jet max off the coast energy coming in should be a light precip event across NC

That high is little further SW at 06z Thur than 06z GFS. Little bit of some snow breaking out at 12z Thur

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

SD link said:
Moisture plume developing nicely.  Jet max off the coast energy coming in should be a light precip event across NC

yes sir!  swing and a miss for everyone except the upstate and NC.  Might be a nice little event your way. 

SD link said:

Maybe it will over perform. That seems to be the trend lately.

Deltadog03 link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=80.msg6077#msg6077 date=1483286521]

yes sir!  swing and a miss for everyone except the upstate and NC.  Might be a nice little event your way.
[/quote]
Gfs is close to getting some Atlantic moisture involved. 

Back