• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

SD link said:
Overall weaker system cuts down on Waa and puts more in play for snow.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Think we're in a good spot this far out as the sweet spot usually moves a little NW as we get closer.

I agree this run is probably more realistic, but we'll just have to see what 0z (& subsequent 12z runs) hold as this is typically when new upper air data is infused into the models. Definitely have to like where we are at rn, having suppression 4-5 days out is a good thing

Many more in play for all snow on this run and some high ration snow up this way.....  Dang nice, this would be just about a board wide event.

Brick Tamland link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=80.msg7571#msg7571 date=1483395188]

Think we're in a good spot this far out as the sweet spot usually moves a little NW as we get closer.
[/quote]
Yep looks like it might end up along or east of 95 this run

Looks a little weaker to me but still a great storm, and that makes it three straight runs that show a great winter storm, can it be Wednesday-Thursday already? haha

Nice southern slider!
snku_acc.us_ma.png

SD link said:
[quote author=Brick Tamland link=topic=80.msg7577#msg7577 date=1483395270]
[quote author=SD link=topic=80.msg7571#msg7571 date=1483395188]

[/quote]
Yep looks like it might end up along or east of 95 this run

[/quote]

Precip maximum se of us but we make it up with great ratio....  temps in low 20's maybe upper teens with snow.  Wow

GaWx link said:
[quote author=Dsaur link=topic=80.msg7286#msg7286 date=1483382734]
Sure would like to see that low crossing further south, else that will have to be a mighty cad to keep it from cold rain down here.  Further away from that heat pump the better.  This far out it's screaming iffy..but hey, that's the south, and if we ain't got iffy down here, we ain't got much, lol.  Remarkable Goofy has held on all this long a while, and plenty of time for a southward trend and sleet for Tony :)  I haven't had a good sled in 11 years.  It's time I saw another 4 inches of sleet with some snow on top.  Meanwhile, I just poured out 2.4 inches of the anti drought.  Over 70 days of nothing and now over 8 inches of liquid gold since the abrupt cessation of the Nothing.  Amazing weather we are having.

Tony,
I'm not sure if you saw it, but the 6Z GFS gave you a big sleetstorm after 1-2" of snow (and virtually no zr) that would rival anything seen in metro ATL since at least the great 1988 4" sleetstorm. The 12Z GFS gives you some ZR but still has a nice amount of sleet. Maybe you will finally be able to use your sleet sled again though it would be nice if other models would even halfway agree lol. We know better than to bet on these GFS runs but keep hope alive!
[/quote]
  Hey, Larry, I'm just now catching up!  Yep, Goofy gives the cheese, then the Doc says No.  So what else is new, lol.  I won't worry either way until Thursday, and I'm prepared as always for disappointment...that way when I get another 88 I'll be so jacked I'll be brave enough to challenge the state road with the bridge abutment at the bottom.  Funny how things are easy when your 42, but scare the heck out of you at 70, lol.  88 was the best sleet down here, but the one in the late 70's, in Atl, was wins the life time achievement award!!!  Best night of sledding in my life.  Amsterdam all the way down past devils dive.  What a run.  That one was between cars on both sides and crossing a major road blind.  The state road down here is much steeper, and we got clocked at 25 doing a tandem run, but that bridge abutment is scary, if you get thrown off course.  I've had enough sleet to do the state road twice since 88, but the four wheelers tear it up so bad showing off to the girlfriends you need deep sleet for it to stay covered, so anything under two inches of sleet gives you maybe one opportunity after midnight.... and 88 was the cheese.
Yeah, Larry, I'm ready for another...way past ready.  I'm a patient man, but I do have my limits.  I Need Some Sleet!!!! lol.  Tony

metwannabe link said:
Many more in play for all snow on this run and some high ration snow up this way.....  Dang nice, this would be just about a board wide event.
Low to mid 20s for us with 850s around -5 a and 700mb temps crashing....I'm in heaven. We would certainly see our ratios increase by 6z Sunday

Back