• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

There was a little more interaction but it wasn't that significant.  The lead wave is weaker so this might be a warmer run overall but a weaker system might make that a wash

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, this system can trend towards the Euro but still be a decent hit....  kind of what's being said but I get it, it almost sounds contradictory when quick replies are being posted for pbp

There is a little less shortwave ridging between waves this one might dig a little more than 12z

One thing I have noticed that early in the day everyone is saying big hit and by late in the day they are saying little or no hit

My jaw dropped this morning seeing the 12z GFS, especially after showing over 5" two runs in a row.
I'm trying not to get over excited unless it keeps showing these amounts Wed. or Thursday.
Bufkit cobb algorithm gives almost 9" of snow here in NW AL on the 12z as well as the standard 10:1 ratio  :) :

snow%20buf2_zpswfwkjpmj.png

SD link said:
There is a little less shortwave ridging between waves this one might dig a little more than 12z

First wave swing and miss but I'll gladly sacrifice that wave for a good hit with the 2nd wave...  btw I notice Rah NWS mentions it in their HWO

This is looking better further South for some to my West. 

Back