• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

d24e66e16c932b6509ccef861701160a.jpg

EPS definitely a bit south with snow mean compared to 18z. Good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be a big sigh of relief for SAV-CHS after that UK run! A solid 10 F warmer at 2M even though 850s only 2C to 3C warmer (4-5 F warmer). Plain rain is fine with me vs ZR.
Sleet would be much better, but you have no hills :) Climo says it's a hundred year event for crippling ice, at least...but it might be a 200 year event, so you are safe. Let's go with that. I'd like you to get a 78 event, because those are so awesome, but it's dancing close to the destruction machine, so rain is much safer, with no hills to enjoy the sleet on. This looks like a classic....but classic what?

Really feeling like (totally not a wishcast) this will shift NW/phase earlier and give North Georgia a really nice event.
just don't shut us out down here in Mid GA like usual ok....lol

so, GFS looked meh...
Ukie looked amazing
EURO was warmer, but still better overall synoptically (bit further south) so nice trends I think.

I'll have more MMFS frames a little later. When I started it, I accidentally only set it to run out to 6z on Friday. The precip appears to be progressing very well into the cool air and setting up great. Just restarted the same run but thru the end of the day Saturday. Shouldn't take too long to get back where it was. In the mean time, i'll add a surface 32 degree line to the composite.

Back