• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

GFS looking better but I would shift 50miles East and that’s prob our outcome. Snow chances around Raleigh east

Thoughts?

GZ_D5_PN_096_0000.gif

2nd wave 0Z GEFS member SLPs: there are some interesting members well offshore. Anyone have the precip for these members? Hours around 120-132

AC2837F1-8BDD-44A0-8139-033B69F90800.png

RDU goes from 27 degree snow at the start to 25 degree snow in the thick of it to 23 degrees at the end … high ratio snow with arctic air moving through afterword verbatim .. and this is being show under 100 hours now .. still the gradient could easily move SE or NW but you’re not going to move that surface cold air for many

With how the precip comes in I think the biggest snow winner would be north/east NC into south-east Virginia. Raleigh still in game tho but better be careful on any east trends I could see sharp west to east gradients in precip shield

Back