• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Just my opinion as I look at this run:

I think it would’ve been a massive snow to sleet storm between 85 and 40 with damaging ice east of say 95 to almost the immediate coastline in NC with freezing rain roughly south of a line from Anderson to Lancaster in SC down to a line from Aiken to Manning-ish.

I’m sorry but how exactly is that an ice storm? Literally looks like a perfect set up to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not, to much western Atlantic ridging is nosing in a warm nose aloft, maybe we can get it to back off, but most of the time, it gets stronger until go time, soundings around us seem more supportive of IP tho on the euro 330E2749-4A7B-4421-8587-23C461549CC5.png3BD78DCC-76ED-4F52-A67A-117F5FAA4077.png3BA0466F-3178-4BE4-A1D1-283523464AEE.png

This is why you want it in Cuba and beat down until hour 48. 96 hours is wayyyy to much time and as you can see we now have an amped up beast that will leave 85% of GA rain for the majority. Idk how people still worry about storms being suppressed after years of this stuff.

We went from precip in the mid 20s to 38 degree rain in a matter of 36 hours. Don’t ever tell me again that there’s not enough time for something to trend poorly.
Trust me those 20s were coming for you that wedge boundary was flying south on the euro

We went from precip in the mid 20s to 38 degree rain in a matter of 36 hours. Don’t ever tell me again that there’s not enough time for something to trend poorly.
The upper shortwave hasn't made it close enough by hour 90. There would be a changeover after this frame on this run.

Back