• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Slowly but surely the precipitation types are getting closer to what GEFS mean was doing with the last system as the OP GFS amped more and more with other modeling following. What I see this time around are other OP models amping before the GFS to an extent.

We actually have no idea what's going to happen and we are what? Approaching 90 hours out from the setup or even less?

The only sure thing looks like an arctic front coming through.. everything agrees there...

“weak Miller A”

I think we all know how that will end up 9/10 ?

The GFS is splitting things up. I admit I feel okay with that look given how the GFS performed around this lead time last event. Can we just meet in the middle and have a nice Miller-A that gets the whole SE and up/ further off the coast for Eastern NC too? :(

Everyone worried about amping an hour ago. I’ve been concerned about this stretching out since yesterday. Euro starting to be on an island
This last event had everything pulling away from the euro solution, and then the euro actually was more sane than the rest, and they ended up caving back to the euro if I remember correctly. I think it coincided with the system getting samplesd

there’s honestly just many reasons to be skeptical about this storm with certain things
and we’re seeing why, we saw the perfect runs a couple days ago so didn’t have a great idea on what could go wrong, now we’ve seen both ways

Back