• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

It was really easy when it was thisView attachment 107250

Now it's thisView attachment 107251
I’m not to concerned yet about this, models wanted to play with wave spacing with our last system with it separating and getting caught up with that low off cali, especially the euro and nam. this was very noticeable in the mid-short range around the day 4-5 window

7a67dc6044661cdd2e78172ec70184e3.jpg

With low like that ice wouldn’t be that far north. It would probably even be snow down to Lauren’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm supposed to be arriving in Jacksonville, NC by car. I will be coming up to that area through Augusta, GA, up I-95. Will my best bet for safe roads be to hug the coast with the current storm trends?

With most models having the MJO within the circle, the chance of a major ATL ZR/IP is enhanced somewhat by climo as the last 9 in ATL had the MJO like that. That’s my biggest concern for them.

Also, late January has had the highest frequency of major ZR at Atlanta since the late 1800s. Since 2000, 3 of the last 5 were in late January.

I'm supposed to be arriving in Jacksonville, NC by car. I will be coming up to that area through Augusta, GA, up I-95. Will my best bet for safe roads be to hug the coast with the current storm trends?
We have no idea. Thank you for contacting SouthernWX your premier travel advisory website.

Just about logged in to say that the weekend setup honestly looked like a no to me as it honestly looked as if the energy was gonna be buried (but I'm on my phone and only looked at one energy map, I can't help myself).

Now I did to say that I'm confused. Which is it going to be, Friday or the weekend?

I don't see the high for the CAD with the weekend btw.

Back