• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

When does this thing get sampled over land? Or will that even matter with this setup? Seemed like temperatures were colder from the last setup when it got sampled on land.

Massive arctic HP with major cold/dry air, even if it trends west with our slp I think the implications will be a massive ice storm even I-95 eastward. I'm begging for more suppression but planning for the worst, been a long time since we've had one like this imho

Massive arctic HP with major cold/dry air, even if it trends west with our slp I think the implications will be a massive ice storm even I-95 eastward. I'm begging for more suppression but planning for the worst, been a long time since we've had one like this imho
Agreed. From just a significant winter storm standpoint, the goal posts seem large.

Crazy that this artic high and it’s associated CAD looks far colder then the grandpa and grandma CAD we just had yesterday

Just need to slow down a little . If history repeats the NW jog is coming for sure . I'll take a full phased bomb that rides east of the apps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We’re gonna need it as of right now IMHO if the front does speed up. Got to fire up the CAA generator on the north side of a decent 850mb low.

Can’t recall seeing 23 with heavy precip all the way over to 95 anytime recently. Crazy honestly
I'd honestly like to believe that, but for whatever reason, models love to show these ridiculous winter storms with temps in the low 20s to make everybody say, man I can't remember the last time it snowed at 5 degrees around here, and then they inevitably trend toward a normal winter event where we're watching CC radar mode.

I'd honestly like to believe that, but for whatever reason, models love to show these ridiculous winter storms with temps in the low 20s to make everybody say, man I can't remember the last time it snowed at 5 degrees around here, and then they inevitably trend toward a normal winter event where we're watching CC radar mode.
And the 1% chance is what bounces in your mind and keeps you anxiously coming back. Anywho 12z GFS is running

If this thing doesn’t ram into ENC like the last system but trends NW/amped enough, sfc temps will probably be in the 20s, instead it’ll just be lights out

models showed that last week for yesterdays event. The pouring rain yesterday afternoon said that didn't occur.

And the 1% chance is what bounces in your mind and keeps you anxiously coming back. Anywho 12z GFS is running
It's an eagle in golf. Ok, the wind is helping, I just know I can hit 250 to carry the water, one bounce over the bunker on the green in two. Give the the 3 wood, Romes! 11 shots later, we're down to our last ball.

The arctic press seems legit. Plus, we'll have a cold air feed working over the snowpack up north. That should help. But we have to avoid an early phase. That's the ballgame.

Last edited:
Back