• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

z5IZSLh.gif

Well at least it ends as some "light" snow in the cold dark with trees through houses and power pole beaver damns along the highway per 00z Euro!

Maybe we can act like it's thundersnow when we hear the transformers going boom boom

Given the big ass mfucken run to run changes we’ve seen from amped to ots to amped, I wouldn’t call this a NW trend or really worry about this look being far NW yet
It's really crazy how similar this was to the UKMET - the northern stream just didn't quite dive in as much and it turned out to be a good deal warmer because the mid-level (H85) cold couldn't penetrate as far southeast. Very subtle changes made a big difference.

This run verbatim isn't the final solution; I just hate to see it like this. I've seen hints even on the ensembles bringing that 850 0c further and further inland. :mad: Surface temps definitely don't seem to be a problem this time around.

This run verbatim isn't the final solution; I just hate to see it like this. I've seen hints even on the ensembles bringing that 850 0c further and further inland. :mad: Surface temps definitely don't seem to be a problem this time around.

500mb ain't quite cutting it though with the 558dm benchmark for decent cold still up north a ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this setup look similar to what happened in the Lowcountry back in Dec. 2018? Or was the 50/50 low different in nature? I recall CHS, etc. got a nice snowfall. Plentiful cold air around too. It just didn't go far enough to the west, to help folks out back this way.

Back