• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Ehh I get the NW worries but safe to safe moisture is the issue not temps. For many on the current event, rates were the issue. Gotta need moisture for snow let’s hope it banks up to the blue ridge but I wouldn’t go higher than 20% but Raleigh east maybe closer to 30%

How does this current modeled setup compare to the one that brought the big snow to Charleston SC 4 years ago? Similar?

NIce runs tonight kids. GFS, CMS and UK all hits. Do we want the euro suppressed?
Don't we still want the Models, espically the GFS and UKMET to still be suppressed around this timeframe? From what I remembed,the Ukmet was way too far south with this past system and the GFS usually has South/eastern bias,espically around after the 72 hour timeframe. Even more with overrunning sort of setups.

Just a quick note about the inevitable NW trend… we all know to fear it, respect it, and expect it… it’s gonna happen 95% of the time with our storms. I will say though that in the set ups that we’ve seen with this being more of a low developing along the Arctic front and with the airmass that the models appear to be in good agreement on, that 48 hour NW trend may not be as big as what we’re use to seeing. What may be very real though in this set up is models correcting with the northern and western extent of the precip during the last 36-48 hours as these always see the precip shield end up much further expansive to the north and west of the low.

500hv.conus.png

EUro still holding back

Back