• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Not bad at this lead time imho

1642788000-ngZYyGUYAYc.png
Seeing 850s at 0 around Columbia is ??

Showing 1-3 inches Friday night into Saturday already for my area 6 days out, maybe if i miss out on this round maybe the next will be better

Is this good? No, seriously I'm still learning. I'm not sure. Energy going tilt in that trough?
I'll let Grit or someone else more knowledgeable correct me if I'm wrong, but that inverted trough, a ripple in the trough, is a disturbance that could help develop our coastal along the arctic front. Tis good

Is this good? No, seriously I'm still learning. I'm not sure. Energy going tilt in that trough?

Wouldnt that inverted trough cause moist easterly winds for our area?
Yeah, inverted trough is just an indication that the atmosphere west of the coastal front is responding to the upper wave that is dropping down from the NW....with some precip breaking out back inland. But the big takeaway is the 'off the coast' / suppressed look. Just their opinion at the moment

Would you guys say this next system has more protentional than this current system based on what information you have currently? I know its really far out but i guess if you compared both at 6 days out is what im asking

Would you guys say this next system has more protentional than this current system based on what information you have currently? I know its really far out but i guess if you compared both at 6 days out is what im asking
Absolutely .. all major global and ensemble members have latched onto something and they all have lots of cold air at play .. definitely agreement and especially at this distance away has to give some legitimacy to something happening then but specifics are far from final

Back