• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Euro 500mb

x3MGqPY.gif

@Shaggy @Downeastnc Looks like lights out for us.. Going to get My Generator on stand-by ..

Remember Folks, for a COASTAL SNOW system..

It has been noted that in most significant snowstorms for the eastern Carolinas the surface low tracks very near 32° north latitude, 75° west longitude, about 215 miles southeast of Cape Fear. The low missed this benchmark point to the south during the day but still dropped heavy snow locally due to its track almost northward along the Carolina coast.

Last edited:
@Shaggy @Downeastnc Looks like lights out for us.. Going to get My Generator on stand-by ..

Remember Folks, for a COASTAL SNOW system..

It has been noted that in most significant snowstorms for the eastern Carolinas the surface low tracks very near 32° north latitude, 75° west longitude, about 215 miles southeast of Cape Fear. The low missed this benchmark point to the south during the day but still dropped heavy snow locally due to its track almost northward along the Carolina coast.
Yeah if the models keep trending colder for the coast its gonna be pretty ugly down your way.

Encouraging Euro run, IMO. Glad to see it come a little S/E and give the RDU area some breathing room. All the models are pretty close now, relatively speaking. Good agreement for a major storm.
Yeah ive shifted from a major ZR to now more a sleetfest or snow potential. Hopefully we wont see any NW shifts at all and this will pass safely offshore and crush those of us who have not been crushed in several years. My last 6 inch event was 2014.

Back