• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Fascinating battleground possible setting up between Globals and Meso model??? We shall see what CMC, GFS, Euro do tonight they sorta have played more strung out compared to NAM and RGEM. Does the Euro come back toward the NAM side like it should several times randomly over past 3-4 days

For what it’s worth, a lot of the ZR around atlanta falls right at 32ish degrees. So probably not an absolute disaster. But I’m not dumb enough to pretend the long range NAM has surface temps nailed. This isn’t pretty for a lot of people though :( Jesus

162C3552-76ED-4324-B77F-563CEADAAF67.png

For what it’s worth, a lot of the ZR around atlanta falls right at 32ish degrees. So probably not an absolute disaster. But I’m not dumb enough to pretend the long range NAM has surface temps nailed. This isn’t pretty for a lot of people though :( Jesus

View attachment 108101
The I20 Corrider is so close to being buried with snow the 850s are just are so close Wesr to East at +1 or +2 a few more degrees and I20 is a snow job

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-215941_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220118-215941_Chrome.jpg
    988.7 KB · Views: 78

I tried telling everyone west it wasn't over, keep the faith, but yall just wouldn't listen. Lol.

Nah, having the two mesoscale models on your side is something I guess. Just wish all globals didn't look so darn paltry imby. Hope these models hang on to keep that northern stream digging a bit and more interaction.

Fascinating battleground possible setting up between Globals and Meso model??? We shall see what CMC, GFS, Euro do tonight they sorta have played more strung out compared to NAM and RGEM. Does the Euro come back toward the NAM side like it should several times randomly over past 3-4 days
NAM and euro aren’t too dissimilar. That run was a huge nod to globals. CLT to RDU to SE VA corridor

We have too many different "local regions" and this one shows that big time. We have the NC crew (coast, mid and west) upstate/midlands and coast in SC and all over GA in N FL and back in Bam and MS and TN and we all need certain parts to do this or that with this system..someone is going to lose and get pissed off...lmao

Last edited:
We have too many different "local regions" and this one shows that big time. We have the NC crew (coast, mid and west) upstate/midlands and coast in SC and all over GA in N FL and back in Bam and MS and TN and we all need certain parts to do this or that with this system..someone is going to loose and get pissed off...lmao
Happens everytime sadly happens in last system locally for me... 15 miles down road hardly a dusting my area nearly 2 inches for all

We have too many different "local regions" and this one shows that big time. We have the NC crew (coast, mid and west) upstate/midlands and coast in SC and all over GA in N FL and back in Bam and MS and TN and we all need certain parts to do this or that with this system..someone is going to loose and get pissed off...lmao
Yeah and it seems primarily the forecasts and model trends usually are directed to the North Carolina folks. They just seem to have the most members in that region. Can't be mad that they are worried about their area first and foremost but I have learned that just because it's "bad" or trending away from what they want doesn't mean it's bad for us folks back in Alabama and Georgia. Not to mention the models posted a lot of time are only of the time frame pertinent to NC. I'm too dumb to read the maps myself so I have to go with what I read and try and learn from that even if it's not necessarily from my area LOL.

Back