• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

ICON further SE.....

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_24.png

Nam Keeps expanding the NW precip shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Precip wise, I would hang in there if I were in central/north MS/AL/GA. Many have commented on it, but models do tend to miss on the NW side if we get something closer to the NAM/RDPS especially. This is from the EPS Ens Mean - shows a strengthening subtropical jet stream with the right front region of the jet propagating across the south (right, front region = upper level divergence, helps with lift for precip)

VIkPHgs.gif

Precip wise, I would hang in there if I were in central/north MS/AL/GA. Many have commented on it, but models do tend to miss on the NW side if we get something closer to the NAM/RDPS especially. This is from the EPS Ens Mean - shows a strengthening subtropical jet stream with the right front region of the jet propagating across the south (right, front region = upper level divergence, helps with lift for precip)

VIkPHgs.gif
With most storms associated with the subtropical jet stream, they tend To be further NW/be more juiced

the gradient over wake county on the NAM is just so unsettling, it's making me nauseous and my eye is twitching, pretty sure the #1 programmer of that godforsaken model is albert hitchcock
There will be many more runs of the NAM so we'll have to see where it slides. Doubt it will stay exactly where it is.

Us same folks North of 85 in upstate that just got 6", looks to get hit with that much again. Hard to believe we are talking 2 big hits within a week of each other

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back