• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

confidence wise there is winter storm watch for all counties that border Raleigh NC up into Virginia. Elsewhere is too soon to know. Nail biter for Charlotte could see near zilch or advisory. 50/50 but I would lean against atm.

Snow is pushing further west with each run
You know I don't usually try to get into these little petty discussions like this but my post stated amounts increased and the footprint basically unchanged. Yeah amounts did increase slightly into SC and maybe you end up with a foot but look at those totals in upstate SC they go from .4 to .5 and notice in Ga they go from light amounts to nothing, so it's not this noticeable further west expansion with each run. It's just one model run anyway

You know I don't usually try to get into these little petty discussions like this but my post stated amounts increased and the footprint basically unchanged. Yeah amounts did increase slightly into SC and maybe you end up with a foot but look at those totals in upstate SC they go from .4 to .5 and notice in Ga they go from light amounts to nothing, so it's not this noticeable further west expansion with each run. It's just one model run anyway
Uhhh that’s definitely a progression of snow further west and southwest ……

We still have a solid 3 days of model suits. I wouldn’t coin it “trends” cause a 50-75 mile shift east or north could shut anyone out here below Virginia. There’s a fine line we are walking with advisories vs none vs warnings. The precip shield and amounts may not be known until 36hrs out!

Footprint is still the same.. which is what he stated. General footprint of heaviest snow is in the exact same spot.
Yes general footprint is the same. I’ve not said the heavier snow would be further west compared to where it is now. I’ve said there would be snow further west than what is being depicted. I promise nobody is trying to take Raleigh’s snow away lol

We still have a solid 3 days of model suits. I wouldn’t coin it “trends” cause a 50-75 mile shift east or north could shut anyone out here below Virginia. There’s a fine line we are walking with advisories vs none vs warnings. The precip shield and amounts may not be known until 36hrs out!
So why did you put out a Totals map yesterday LOL

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

I keep seeing people mentioning, looks good for a winter storm for central NC to VA… are we all looking at the same models? or choosing to be selective. It appears to me that this also could be a devastating ice storm for the Midlands and Pee Dee of SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footprint is still the same.. which is what he stated. General footprint of heaviest snow is in the exact same spot.

Yeah really its the perfect phase for central and eastern NC.....you can see the phasing actually tucks the 850's in much better probably giving everyone even better ratios thus increasing totals...great run for us.

gfs_T850_seus_fh84_trend.gif

NE NC and SW Virginia are sitting in the sweet spot regardless of most situations. Unless the entire thing just went to hell in a hand basket. That is definitely one thing I’ll agree on. I’d be worried about the inevitable warm nose up that way potentially but that area definitely is sitting perfect as of right now

Back