• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

another round coming
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_18.png

12z GFS is reviving the 2nd system. About to pull up more moisture out the Gulf, it showed signs of this during the 06z run
Just me or does the second system likely to be messy because it has nothing to phase with in the northern stream?

Through 12z Sat…matches my first call map blend. The second half coming in I think would largely miss or be freezing drizzle. Gonna focus on the first half before worrying about the second half. I like where I stand with this solution. Maybe inch some of the higher totals away from Charlotte tho and boost up more of Virginia.A00F32CC-79E1-48DE-8566-67383FF7EDAA.jpeg

gfs_z500_vort_eus_18.png

GFS with second wave would likely be a weak and messy solution as there is no phase with the two northern pieces on screen, just energy freely moving NE and the energy west of the lakes booting it out quickly.

Back