• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

I remember the days when people wouldn’t even consider the RGEM solution (any time before this winter) and now we are looking at it like it’s the EURO of old. Just funny to see how things change so fast.
Its Grits fault for flying that maple leaf flag the other day lol.

Hey is fv3 the old gfs or a beta test of new one?

Overall, think the GEFS is pretty similar to 18z. Little change at 500mb. There does seem to be a little more consensus within the individual members for the SLP position, but largely similar -- may lead to more of consolidation within the mean GEFS precip and less outliers to skew precip field

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-conus-z500_dprog-3425200.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 11.19.47 PM.png

GEFS smidge worse but not horrible

View attachment 110543
If you showed me this map last month and said this is what the GFS ensembles will show at hour 75 one day next month I would be licking my chops let’s tamper any cliff jumping tonight fellas

If you showed me this map last month and said this is what the GFS ensembles will show at hour 75 one day next month I would be licking my chops let’s tamper any cliff jumping tonight fellas
Nobody is cliff jumping let's tamper telling everyone how they should react tonight fella

I will say this. These later phase runs on the other 0z suites make me believe the 6z NAM will more likely be different than it's 12z run than actually like it. Of course that is my belief prior to the 0z euro run. :)

Back