• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

00z GFS & GEFS went away from the 18z runs, but the 06z GFS & GEFS brought it back. The 06 GEFS has increased from the 00z, but not quite at the level as the 18z GFS & GEFS. Notice how the only different in the energy between the 2 is that the 06z digs just a little more.gfs-ensemble-all-avg-east-total_snow_10to1-3544000.pnggfs-ensemble-all-avg-east-vort500_z500-3457600 (1).pnggfs-ensemble-all-avg-east-total_snow_10to1-3544000 (1).pnggfs-ensemble-all-avg-east-vort500_z500-3457600.png

The last storm had ups and downs. Thats to be expected. This could easily move back west a bit. Go chase in Elizabeth city for now.

EPS still making westward adjustments with the trough
14b5b3bc015cb753368d8a420e26b1de.gif

Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk

6z GEFS. How does this not result in a moderate event. ?‍♂️

Haven’t looked at the other overnight runs but hoping it’s close to this.

View attachment 110573

Here's why. Look close at 18z run last night in southern Mississippi and see how sharper the trough is and just a hair tick further west. Then look at same frame for 0z and 6z. Couple hours latter sharpening up and more positive tilt. Barely noticeable, but makes all the difference in the world. The sensible wx for our micro climate/back yards has a long way to go on this one before we iron it out.

18z last night
500hv.conus.png

6z most recent
500hv.conus.png

Wish the rgem didn’t look like dogcrap
Actually thought the rgem looked a lot better at h5 than 00z. Lp placement got hijacked by a northern cluster of storms off the VA coast that I haven’t really seen in any other model. It would of had better surface reflection if that stuff wasn’t there

Man idk. Still love this look even 66 hrs out. And the fact the gfs and euro still spit out 1” even with the less than ideal runs. I just don’t ever remember a time when we didn’t have a super amped system trend west even up to go 1643200416883.png
Yeah I agree. This is so close to our benchmark for the Carolinas and eastern Georgia, as in just a few mm pressure lower and we have a raging snowstorm. Just need to find a little more energy in the next 72 hours at the base of the trough

Does anyone have the 06z EURO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back