• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

We could easily trend it to the 2000 storm. That is like one tick away. Interesting. It’s only the NAM. Everyone say it with me! It’s only the NAM. It’s only the NAM. It’s only the NAM.
With it being so far out and it being the NAM, I expect at least another day or so of W shifts with these trends until the thing gets all sampled, then there's probably a few more adjustments as the waves successfully or fail to phase. At this rate I expect them to succeed but how soon it tilts nicely is going to take a couple more days to sort out. I think this thing being exclusively a NE storm is losing likelyhood.

Amazing how the trough keeps getting deeper. 500mb winds

oWQZMPy.gif
That is so close to cutting off.

No not with the low developing off the Carolina coast. For it to work out for Pickens county west we need the low to develop in the gulf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is not true at all. The surface low is not driving the precip over the western Carolinas. It is driven from the H5 Dynamics. The surface low is what it gets eastern Carolinas, more specifically eastern NC the massive totals right now.

The back edge stalled out from 81-84. It was fixing to pivot over a lot of us.
Yep, that's exactly what would have happened if it ran out more.

It's fun to see the monster solutions, but we really need to inch forward and not make these massive shifts every cycle. Still way too much time on the clock for Mahomes to drive down the field and beat us with a warm nose.

I know the RGEM has done very well the last storms, but those weren’t really dealing with a lot of phasing… how well has the RGEM done in the past with phasing systems?
It did well with Jan 3 from what I remember at least for Roanoke.

Back