• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

I'd be surprised if any of the ops show any widespread 4"+ snowfall amounts west of 95 and south of Greenville today. We'll probably have to wait until tomorrow for that. Positive trends and baby steps are what we're looking for att.

I'd be surprised if any of the ops show any widespread 4"+ snowfall amounts west of 95 and south of Greenville today. We'll probably have to wait until tomorrow for that. Positive trends and baby steps are what we're looking for att.
10-4 on that. As long as we continue or improve on ensemble trends is all that I care about until Wednesday Night.

LP riding up Carolinas Coast was actually tucked in a little tighter, not to shabby with regards to placement. Need it to deepen some. But H5 is the story. Its gonna trend more toward RGEM and Euro I;m willing to bet

GFS reversing its progressive solutions towards a more amplified one, more similar to how the Euro has been handling the storm the past two model runs. Less strung out with the energy as it phases as well, so a solid trend back towards where we were yesterday. Really want a deeper and earlier phase for a rare & nice board-wide hit however.

Three days is still a plentiful amont of time for changes though! I think tonight's 0Z suite will be very telling as to where we are heading, if anywhere, with this system.

i hate to beat a dead horse but if we had to draw up a map 4 days out this is exactly what you would want to see.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_14.png

Gfs looks similar to RGEM with reflectivity

The silence from my local Met (Chris Justus) tells me either this storm is a big nothing Burger for us, or he has no clue what’s gonna happen. I’m hoping it’s the second one.

Back