• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

Models have come a long was since then due too massive computing power but the data coming in is the same or worse due to COVID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this statement applied for the 1st 6 months, but air travel is pretty much back to normal levels. +/- 15%

The EPS/GEFS are on top of each other...but I want to see these tick west a 100 miles the next 48 hours. When has these not shifted west and flipped us to rain.

View attachment 110301
I'm good if it stays right there on modeling until Thurs night

GFS has been trending back the past 2 runs, and it’s ensemble looks good
And they looked great up to 48 / 72 hours out on the Big sunday storm with the consensus showing the low still off the coast vs the Op's showing them inland.

And even then, we're still talking about 33 and 34 degree snows.

I mean some of us don't really want this to come to much further west lol. All joking aside, this really is close to being the bomb first advertised, next day or so of models after all data is sampled going to be fun

1643436000-W06x9myGXTs.png

I mean some of us don't really want this to come to much further west lol. All joking aside, this really is close to being the bomb first advertised, next day or so of models after all data is sampled going to be fun

And then there's us over here who want this to charge west and get in on a big storm after so many fails this season. The coming days will tell what the answer is as the energy get better sampled and we verify different aspects that would make it one or the other, or a flop for both.

You want to trade spots for this one? ;) All jokes aside you may be in the sweet spot of NC on this one. I would like to see a phase in the GOM personally but that looks unlikely atm. I realize it can go either way at this time, but I do like your chances!

Man, this 500mb map looks complicated with all of the energy. The western energy is split on this run of the NAM compared to the last run. Makes me think there will be some different looking outcomes before we lock in on a final result.
500hv.conus.png

Back