• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

Yeesh it’s dead in here. Euro was a nice hit for NC. It looked a lot betterView attachment 110277
Yep this is what I was talking about in my previous post .. the phase is happening with the northern stream piece of energy and while we miss out on the bomb (for now) we still get a solid hit from the northern piece of energy .. quite an interesting set up going on here.. looks like the GEFS and the EPS earlier today .. keep in mind we’re 4 days away and we already look like this .. trends NW will happen with time

Yep this is what I was talking about in my previous post .. the phase is happening with the northern stream piece of energy and while we miss out on the bomb (for now) we still get a solid hit from the northern piece of energy .. quite an interesting set up going on here.. looks like the GEFS and the EPS earlier today .. keep in mind we’re 4 days away and we already look like this .. trends NW will happen with time
Realistically I’m out of the game at the moment over here near Atlanta so I hope it works out for y’all. Or that we see big changes letting more of the board in on this one.

All hinges on not holding back the southern energy, if the energy ejects the northern stream has been trending towards a quicker phase. RDU/Eastern NC were so close to being crushed on the euro run. Just a little quicker phase and BOOM. EPS will be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6z gfs looks nothing like euro,ukie, RDPS at h5. Holds energy back in sw still 3rd run in a row then has it all over place.

What does Alabama Georgia and the upstate need to happen to get in on this storm or are we pretty much out of the game
Barring a miracle after sampling tomorrow we are out of it. And unfortunately looks like for a while.

1643436000-acl0SIg0sFs.png

Euro steadily improving and GFS/GEFS trying to start slight improvement. Interesting to me after the years of upgrades how past model biases aren't what the used to be, GFS is now holding the energy SW longer (which used to be a Euro thing), either way I'd like to see steady improvement through today and tomorrow but I'm still just not sold on this system yet. Looking at overall pattern and just my gut (I know that's not really solid analysis) but I see this as a bomb up the east coast, developing late enough and far enough NE to maybe give a few passing snow showers on the backside as it exits.

Of course I'll gladly eat my words if I'm wrong lol

Back