• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

I’d like it more if we had more than one mesoscale model supporting this. The NAM is not interested in a convective event. That’s a problem we will need to see change in the next run or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGEM and HRRR are both showing some pretty widespread snow flurries/showers....at least through our area. I'm pretty confident some areas of metro ATL will see snow fall late Thursday night through Friday morning.

Speaking of 2013 Lee side trough event. That one was very unexpected. Turned out to be extremely convective. Probably a bit different than this setup though because temps were in the low 40’s. I accumulated several inches of snow around 40 degrees that day. Epic

If the RGEM/HRRR is to be believed, this could be one of those scenarios where the DGZ is so low and relatively shallow that you could be seeing snow outside while seeing no returns on radar over your home because it's falling so low in the atmosphere.
That was how it was here on November 30th... nothing on radar and moderate snow outside!

Y'all. It won't let me post pictures. But take a look at the rapid refresh 21z! It looks good!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Same as 15z. Forms a nice band over the nc/sc border.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back