• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how we have two days of good ensembles and a day of good model runs, trending better each run, and then one bad run everyone gets all scared.
Nobody has mentioned being scared. We are discussing every model run like we always do. The ones who like to whine, complain, or attempt to be funny come here. Most of those folks will make negative posts if it shows cold, snow, sleet, freezing rain, torch, rain, no rain, normal, etc...

I love how we have two days of good ensembles and a day of good model runs, trending better each run, and then one bad run everyone gets all scared.
I get your point but it's like this every year I mean we do live in the South... And everything has to come together at the right time with these models the back and forth can be nerve reckoning

Because heat is more likely to verify. That’s just the way it is. + anomalies are much more likely to verify at d10+. Persistent heat with a one run blip or cold and it’s easy to shrug off, however the opposite usually isn’t. We’ll see where we go from here. I know I’m rooting for cold and snow.

Your posts would be taken more seriously if you didn't phrase them such that everyone must be a f'ing moron besides you.

The extended range on the ensembles have considerably warmed over the past couple of days. Below is the trends for a few of the EPS runs starting with the glorious EPS run from Sunday that was so cold and snowy. I think even you can grasp this trend on the EPS.

Nobody is saying winter is over, cancel this cancel that...all we are saying is the last week of January isn't as promising as we once had hoped.

EPStrends.gif

Because heat is more likely to verify. That’s just the way it is. + anomalies are much more likely to verify at d10+. Persistent heat with a one run blip or cold and it’s easy to shrug off, however the opposite usually isn’t. We’ll see where we go from here. I know I’m rooting for cold and snow.
exactly.

Your posts would be taken more seriously if you didn't phrase them such that everyone must be a f'ing moron besides you.

The extended range on the ensembles have considerably warmed over the past couple of days. Below is the trends for a few of the EPS runs starting with the glorious EPS run from Sunday that was so cold and snowy. I think even you can grasp this trend on the EPS.

Nobody is saying winter is over, cancel this cancel that...all we are saying is the last week of January isn't as promising as we once had hoped.

View attachment 30880

The problem is people are still buying too much into the “mean”. Looking through the members its clear that we are still in a very progressive pattern.

The ensembles will warm up in certain time frames and cool in certain time frames as they get more consensus on the systems.

Hopefully there’s an Amrmageddon Hell On Earth solution skewing the 12z EPS mean at 500 ??

I refuse to look at the long range right now as long as we have a shot at wintry next week. When that starts to dwindle then I’ll pay attention to the next fail period.

Because all at the moment all signs say we screw up the one shot at a winterstorm next week then the pattern breaks down. That's what a lot of pros have been saying was coming and now the GEFS and the EPS both have it. Wake up!

Nobody has mentioned being scared. We are discussing every model run like we always do. The ones who like to whine, complain, or attempt to be funny come here. Most of those folks will make negative posts if it shows cold, snow, sleet, freezing rain, torch, rain, no rain, normal, etc...

I wasn't talking about in this thread. I was talking about the January one.

Because all at the moment all signs say we screw up the one shot at a winterstorm next week then the pattern breaks down. That's what a lot of pros have been saying was coming and now the GEFS and the EPS both have it. Wake up!

From everything I read from yesterday to just a couple of hours ago, it was a lot more positive than negative overall. There is no way anyone can read the posts and deny that. One bad run and everyone screams the sky is falling. It's just funny to me.

Reactions: IWC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back