• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not feeling very excited about the upcoming pattern change yet. +PNA, -EPO, favorable MJO, blah, blah, blah. Unless a -NAO decides to show up, CUTTERS ARE GOING TO CUT. We will have Warm, Rain, Cold, Warm, Rain, Cold.

I know we get snow occasionally in March but February is our hope. And all our eggs are in the February basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ughhh, I'm not really liking this! This is from the EPS.
7ce05ece890df9e6ae2862000d790cdb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ughhh, I'm not really liking this! This is from the EPS.
7ce05ece890df9e6ae2862000d790cdb.jpg

Yeah that's pretty bad. But it's the few days after that it gets much better. This run certainly seems to push the cold back a bit. Hopefully the overnight run corrects.

I'm not feeling very excited about the upcoming pattern change yet. +PNA, -EPO, favorable MJO, blah, blah, blah. Unless a -NAO decides to show up, CUTTERS ARE GOING TO CUT. We will have Warm, Rain, Cold, Warm, Rain, Cold.
I'm not feeling very excited yet either. If it gets cold and no winter storm, it would be a waste of cold air and it's January - so terrible. If we can't score in the month that it's suppose to be the "coldest" month, it makes me question February as well. Will we also get screwed over in February? Maybe we'll get lucky and score with one of those rare cold core ULLs that will bring a dumping of snow like it did in March of 2009.

FYI, there is an excellent chance of a giant snowstorm the end of the month because that's the time I'll be vacationing in Raleigh. Never fails.

That’s not that bad of a look, certainly 100% better than the dumpster fire pattern we’ve been in all winter.
Yeah, it's not that bad, I just don't like the ridging over the area. It's not the best pattern for snow storms. It's a pattern that would favor ice. Most of the time, with ice, it occurs at the onset as WAA would eventually take over, unless there would be a solid surface high that gets locked into place over the Northeast. I'd much prefer no ridging over the area.

Yeah, Dad, Sister, Niece and Nephew are out there. I go twice a year usually.

And really any time I'm not at work is a vacation, regardless of where I am ;)
Gotcha! Raleigh is a nice place to live, just not really much of a vacation spot. But if you're visiting family, I get it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back