• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! Saw this on Twitter.
1eaa98f3910c700c01c277dfdce8c9eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's horrible.

I can tell you what, if we score a snow storm sometime late month we'll be lucky honestly after this crappy pattern. I'm skeptical of a winter storm happening though.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I can tell you what, if we score a snow storm sometime late month we'll be lucky honestly after this crappy pattern. I'm skeptical of a winter storm happening though.

I been at the bottom of the cliff since early December and still don't have any sort of confidence about seeing any winter storm at all this winter.... Until we see any winter storm that pops up under 5 days and not 200 hrs or beyond...I don't believe any of it

I been at the bottom of the cliff since early December and still don't have any sort of confidence about seeing any winter storm at all this winter.... Until we see any winter storm that pops up under 5 days and not 200 hrs or beyond...I don't believe any of it

I’m with you. Get something under 4-5 days. Then I’ll watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m becoming less skeptical with the enormous amount of support we’re seeing from all models in not only operational but also the ensembles .. obviously they can all be wrong sometimes .. but sometimes the models just aren’t wrong they see what’s coming and that is actually what is coming sometimes lol

I’m becoming less skeptical with the enormous amount of support we’re seeing from all models in not only operational but also the ensembles .. obviously they can all be wrong sometimes .. but sometimes the models just aren’t wrong they see what’s coming and that is actually what is coming sometimes lol
I can understand what you're saying. But there's no need to get excited by "noise" that's in the 200+/300+ range cause it's all speculation. I would much rather get excited over a winter storm that has solid consistency in a 7 day window instead of the "noise" in the mid to long range. I just don't want to be disappointed, coming to find out none of the "winter storms" that show up don't verify.

I can understand what you're saying. But there's no need to get excited by "noise" that's in the 200+/300+ range cause it's all speculation. I would much rather get excited over a winter storm that has solid consistency in a 7 day window instead of the "noise" in the mid to long range. I just don't want to be disappointed, coming to find out none of the "winter storms" that show up don't verify.

Didn't you just post a video a month ago about a 200 hour gfs run?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I definitely agree... We been going through this same thing with the models all year rinse wash and repeat

What the ensembles are showing in that time frame is anything but noise, there is a ton of consistency on a pattern change. You have to look at more than the GFS OP run and you most certainly have to look at more than storm specifics at this lead time. Besides somebody wants to get excited over a 2 or 300 hour fantasy snowstorm so what?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back