• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does anyone put out a map when their confidence in it is just about zero?
4f6b062d83d54702266047dd6200d98e.jpg

Waking up to this is like waking up and seeing a supermodel naked next to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where can I go to find these maps????

I fear that we lose this good pattern on the models to something dumb like the pv interferes with the developing ridge or we get the ridge and it gets undercut or rex blocks into a -pna. The biggest nut punch would be holding on to this look this as we get inside of D5 the ridge loses amplitude so we get a SE ridge

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I fear that we lose this good pattern on the models to something dumb like the pv interferes with the developing ridge or we get the ridge and it gets undercut or rex blocks into a -pna. The biggest nut punch would be holding on to this look this as we get inside of D5 the ridge loses amplitude so we get a SE ridge

It wouldn’t shock me, I won’t get too excited until it’s under 5 days. Too much still needs to happen and it only take one thing to mess it up for the SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About that run last night of the GFS showing that "snow storm." I had to refrain myself from getting excited because it's too far out, (beyond 200 hours) it's the first run it has shown a significant winter storm and it's the GFS OP. If that winter storm was in the 3 day window, 5 day or 7 day window and if it had solid consistency, I would take it more serious. You can't help but not to make jokes about it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

About that run last night of the GFS showing that "snow storm." I had to refrain myself from getting excited because it's too far out, (beyond 200 hours) it's the first run it has shown a significant winter storm and it's the GFS OP. If that winter storm was in the 3 day window, 5 day or 7 day window and if it had solid consistency, I would take it more serious. You can't help but not to make jokes about it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
It's no more or less legitimate than it showing upper 70s at that time frame. Given the ensemble support and some level of support from other model suites it's worth looking at. It's not like the old gfs having 20 inches of snow while every other modeling on earth minus the dgex is warm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back