• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
During our morning meeting (and @Rain Cold forgot the doughnuts again) we agreed, that discussion about the situation in Iran last night, in this thread, made perfectly good sense. Especially considering the seriousness of it, the fact some who don't usually discuss politics were discussing it and the fact some may not have even known we had a political thread. However, now we are redirecting that conversation to the appropriate thread. So we respectfully ask that any continued discussion about Iran (and all political stuff) resume in the political thread located here

http://southernwx.com/community/threads/political-thread.22/

Leave the whamby thread to the winter weather weenie whiners. Thank you very much!

Well, winter has pretty much sucked so far. Nothing but warm up, rain, dry out, get cold, repeat. Can't even enjoy the warm days because of all the rain. And the long range forecast on TWC shows a chance of rain for 11 straight days starting next week.

During our morning meeting (and @Rain Cold forgot the doughnuts again) we agreed, that discussion about the situation in Iran last night, in this thread, made perfectly good sense. Especially considering the seriousness of it, the fact some who don't usually discuss politics were discussing it and the fact some may not have even known we had a political thread. However, now we are redirecting that conversation to the appropriate thread. So we respectfully ask that any continued discussion about Iran (and all political stuff) resume in the political thread located here

http://southernwx.com/community/threads/political-thread.22/

Leave the whamby thread to the winter weather weenie whiners. Thank you very much!
I didn't forget them. I just forgot not to eat them all. Sorry about that. :(

RC's office cubicle...
2b80c238e667db0e58fa38513eca1ea8.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You ever have one of those days, where you show up to work and you have so much to do, it's overwhelming, to the point you don't even know where to start...... so you just don't do any of it? Ugh 2 hours in, that's how this morning has been

You ever have one of those days, where you show up to work and you have so much to do, it's overwhelming, to the point you don't even know where to start...... so you just don't do any of it? Ugh 2 hours in, that's how this morning has been
Come on man! I had calls all day long yesterday and still had time to post weather stuff all day. We don't quit at halftime! You don't score until you score!

a3772353-0868-4411-8043-57cef9b260c4_100_h_6.gif

I've forgotten..60 days in and still training. I'd rather get punched in the nuts for 8 hours

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So i texted my buddy yesterday saying "Euro shows 4-6 in. over the next 10 days" waited a minuted and then texted him again "Oh, don't get your hopes up... That's 4-6 in. of rain. "

I have a general question about getting snow in the Atlanta area. Does the 850 Air Temp have to be freezing (32F)? I'm trying to better understand the conditions required when looking at the longer range models. Any other factors I need to take into consideration like 2M temps, dew points, 500mb temps?

Thanks in advance!

I have a general question about getting snow in the Atlanta area. Does the 850 Air Temp have to be freezing (32F)? I'm trying to better understand the conditions required when looking at the longer range models. Any other factors I need to take into consideration like 2M temps, dew points, 500mb temps?

Thanks in advance!
Most of the time, yes. You ideally want to have the column at or below freezing from the cloud base to the ground, if you're snow hunting. You can have a layer somewhere in there slightly above freezing and still get snow, but it's a risky proposition. Too deep of a warm later, and it melts.

If you're a Frost weenie, the last few mornings have been good in the RDU. My ice scraper has gotten a good workout. The frost was heavy and thick this morning. It's probably a bit better where I am since I'm NW and sort of out of the UHI to some extent.

If you're a Frost weenie, the last few mornings have been good in the RDU. My ice scraper has gotten a good workout. The frost was heavy and thick this morning. It's probably a bit better where I am since I'm NW and sort of out of the UHI to some extent.
I heard you couldn't get frost after it was warm and wet.

My mulch looked like a typical sleet fail

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back