• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is cursing permitted in these times of weather debacle? If so, please allow me to unleash ... if not, my poor wife ... o_O

Nah, it is just weather. And it is good, besides. There are way worse things to worry about including dangerous weather. Just enjoy the weather as it is the only weather you've got. This week's weather overall is/will be mighty fine from my perspective. So, nothing to even complain about even if I wanted to. And to top that off, I saw that GNV hit 34 yesterday!

Nah, it is just weather. And it is good, besides. There are way worse things to worry about including dangerous weather. Just enjoy the weather as it is the only weather you've got. This week's weather overall is/will be mighty fine from my perspective. So, nothing to even complain about even if I wanted to. And to top that off, I saw that GNV hit 34 yesterday!
just adding to the chorus, was I ... ;)

I would have taken a 4 hour movie honestly. It seemed a bit rushed due to trying to fix TLJ elements and wrap up the story lines of the last 9 movies all in one movie. It could have really been 2 movies and may have been better IMO. But I would have been completely fine if they went out like Avengers End Game and just made a really long last installment. Realizing that though I was completely fine with how it ended considering the circumstances.

Lesson I hope learned by Disney, if you're going to plan for a new trilogy....write the whole story, pick 1 director 1 writer, and make that story come to life. Piecemeal, ad hoc, ala carte stories are not the way to do trilogies IMO.
Disney hasn't learned jack. It's just a big cash grab for them. They had exactly no vision for the trilogy. They were fine, entertaining movies that felt like Star Wars....especially compared to the disaster that was the prequel trilogy.

What they should have done was wrote the whole story, something along the lines of Lord of the Rings and had consistent direction. I wish wish wish they would not have got Abrams. He is so good at creating an entertaining rollercoaster ride of a movie, with excellent special effects, great casting, and wonderful action sequences. But his storytelling is really lacking, and he goes for the patronizing fan stuff.

I actually liked TLJ best. I know I'm in the minority, though.

Don't get me wrong, I liked TROS. It was entertaining, and it was fun to watch. I just feel like Star Wars deserves to be GREAT. Not rushed. Not too fast-paced. Not too shallow. Not skimpy on the storytelling or character development. Not reliant upon cheap plot tactics that are used simply to move the story along and later become irrelevant to the story. It is one of the most iconic properties in movie history. Why take shortcuts, when you could make something endearing and enduring?

And the worst part about Star Wars.... Who was the moron who decided “let’s make a laser sword that cuts off anything but it doesn’t need a guard.”

Then better yet who was the idiot who decided “You know the laser sword needs a guard. Let’s add a laser guard!”

Idiots....

18z gfs has ice in upstate sc ne ga and Nc still for the 18th. But it’s already changed and will be gone tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, just want to say I appreciate the knowledge I have learned from all of y’all. Since joining, I’ve learned a lot more than I did before. I recently was able to quit my second job, so i am able to enjoy my passion a little more. A couple weeks ago, I started a YouTube channel that I will be using for weekly forecast, storm chasing videos, and also just talking weather for the South Carolina area. I will also be talking on most of the SE. I’d appreciate any support! The link to my channel is below!
Also, i really think some of you guys on here that really bring a ton to the table as far as knowledge on weather could or should really consider expanding your knowledge and sharing it with others via social media or YouTube. Some of you guys in here know more than the people on tv. Much respect. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDKR6KgXgVoY4b9sACt4YcQ

This storm is also where the legend of Roxboro was born.
Three. Feet. of. Snow.

Wtf.

That 9.4" in Raleigh seems awesome until you realize Durham nearly got double that. Smdh, can't even do anything right even in the good ol days.
View attachment 29918
I’m not sure I could be happy with my measly 17” while Roxboro gets 36”... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back